Social media is rubbish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Left Breathless

Perfect example is this Cavanda bloke. Safcsource has been tweeting none stop since last year about him and people on here have been convinced that were getting him. Fawning around their tweets, same as that fish paste. Then Gus tells us last night he hasn't ever watched him play.

These fan sites like Roker Report and all these daft Journos know absolutely nothing. Gus has just proved that with Cavanda and Atsu but still people will lap up this crap.

Perfect example is this Cavanda bloke. Safcsource has been tweeting none stop since last year about him and people on here have been convinced that were getting him. Fawning around their tweets, same as that fish paste. Then Gus tells us last night he hasn't ever watched him play.

These fan sites like Roker Report and all these daft Journos know absolutely nothing. Gus has just proved that with Cavanda and Atsu but still people will lap up this crap.
He watched DVDs of him yesterday ;)

I know what you mean though, social media has made the transfer window even more tedious, looking wish the window would close on Aug 1st.

It's not social media, it's the people putting it out there. Choose your sources before you get excited. I find Andy to be a great tweeter, for example - no bollocks, just stuff he sees. There are one or two journos that tweet that you have store in. Whereas ALS are a joke - their social media, with 'hilarious' gags about made-up bids, etc - it shows the difference between them being amateur and a professional outfit.

To be fair to the RR lads and @safcsource in particular they were just about 100% accurate last summer. It seems that Congerton and his staff are far more adept at keeping their own counsel. The lads at RR do precursor everything they report with the disclaimer that they don't claim to be 'itk' a d it's entertaining and informative if nothing else.
They just seem to report SAFC related news which is fine with me, albeit frustrating at times when you think we're on the verge of signing someone only for Gus to say "Who?"

It seems that Twitter is becoming the fastest source of information. The problem is that it is also a home for people who fabricate stories that are given equal credence.

Will we all have joined Twitter in a couple of years, or will we simply rely on others to post relevant stuff on here?

I find it amazing that people think @safcsource claims to be itk. All he does is tweet articles and links from around the world. He never claims to pass anything off as his own or a scoop. If you can't understand this then that's your problem, just don't have a go at him.

It's not social media, it's the people putting it out there. Choose your sources before you get excited. I find Andy to be a great tweeter, for example - no bollocks, just stuff he sees. There are one or two journos that tweet that you have store in. Whereas ALS are a joke - their social media, with 'hilarious' gags about made-up bids, etc - it shows the difference between them being amateur and a professional outfit.
Yeah you're right but when you start to respect something you tend to trust it so I'm sure you would have thought this Cavanda was signing then Gus says he hasn't ever seen him play. Does that not make you want to revalue what you believe in future?

Mind we could sign Titus Bramble on a 5 year deal tomorrow and the RR lot would claim its smart business by Gus :lol:

To be fair to the RR lads and @safcsource in particular they were just about 100% accurate last summer. It seems that Congerton and his staff are far more adept at keeping their own counsel. The lads at RR do precursor everything they report with the disclaimer that they don't claim to be 'itk' a d it's entertaining and informative if nothing else.
They just seem to report SAFC related news which is fine with me, albeit frustrating at times when you think we're on the verge of signing someone only for Gus to say "Who?"
Source means from where something originates. Therefore claiming to be ITK. They weren't correct last year either. They have folk on strings.

It seems that Twitter is becoming the fastest source of information. The problem is that it is also a home for people who fabricate stories that are given equal credence.

Will we all have joined Twitter in a couple of years, or will we simply rely on others to post relevant stuff on here?
I'm not on it it's crap.

Source means from where something originates. Therefore claiming to be ITK. They weren't correct last year either. They have folk on strings.
"SAFC news from around the globe, with link to original source. No 'ITK' gossip."
This is Andy's Twitter bio. You're having a go about something you've made up.

Social media, when used correctly, can be brilliant.
For example, I wouldn't have had as many people take part in the Great North Run for my charity over the years without social media.
I also wouldn't have managed to secure people from "Take Me Out" to do a Shark Dive. It was a few years ago now, but without Twitter, it wouldn't have happened.

I take the source as being it originates from the World Wide Web which he doubtless trawls for stories / articles relating to SAFC. He then passes them on via twitter. His twitter page actually carries the disclaimer - I don't claim to be itk.

He watched DVDs of him yesterday ;)

I know what you mean though, social media has made the transfer window even more tedious, looking wish the window would close on Aug 1st.

I found that hilarious, though slightly worrying at the same time. "Who? Who is this guy? never heard of him... actually someone get me a DVD, he might be good..."

I guess it sums up our "success" in the transfer window this summer...

Yeah you're right but when you start to respect something you tend to trust it so I'm sure you would have thought this Cavanda was signing then Gus says he hasn't ever seen him play. Does that not make you want to revalue what you believe in future?

To a point, but again, it's who you're reading. ALS tweeted recently about us signing Shola Ameobi. While that's highly unlikely, it's not impossible, is it? Not long after they said, yeah, we're just bored, letting the intern make stuff up - but as soon as they do a post like that, they lose all credibility. I couldn't give two fucks about how bored they are, nor do I need them to provide me with laughs - I don't follow them for that. If that was the case, they may as well put up some videos of cats on skateboards - they're always funny, no? But where in their brand guidelines does it say cats on skateboards? They're now not a credible source, so not much point in following them.

Andy remains credible - he retweets rumours etc, yes, but he's not claiming it's fact, he's merely saying 'this guy is reporting this'. And when it is official, he tweets that. For Sunderland stuff, I think he's one of the best out there. Throw in some journos that are also fairly decent - a mix of local and national for me - and you're not doing too bad.

What does Source mean?
It's in his bio man, "link to original source". "Link" being the key word.

To a point, but again, it's who you're reading. ALS tweeted recently about us signing Shola Ameobi. While that's highly unlikely, it's not impossible, is it? Not long after they said, yeah, we're just bored, letting the intern make stuff up - but as soon as they do a post like that, they lose all credibility. I couldn't give two fucks about how bored they are, nor do I need them to provide me with laughs - I don't follow them for that. If that was the case, they may as well put up some videos of cats on skateboards - they're always funny, no? But where in their brand guidelines does it say cats on skateboards? They're now not a credible source, so not much point in following them.

Andy remains credible - he retweets rumours etc, yes, but he's not claiming it's fact, he's merely saying 'this guy is reporting this'. And when it is official, he tweets that. For Sunderland stuff, I think he's one of the best out there. Throw in some journos that are also fairly decent - a mix of local and national for me - and you're not doing too bad.
He won't listen to the last paragraph mate. He refuses to understand, at the same time claiming not to be on Twitter. So I fail to see why he's bothered anyway.

Have to agree to disagree then. I think these people do like to pass it off as there own and take credit when it isn't due.

Isn't this site effectively a version of social media?

To which the o.p is a relentless troll, hoping that a few of his cronies lap up his shit crack and wind other members up.

It's in his bio man, "link to original source". "Link" being the key word.

He won't listen to the last paragraph mate. He refuses to understand, at the same time claiming not to be on Twitter. So I fail to see why he's bothered anyway.
So his name is the source but he isn't claiming to be the source?

Ironically posted on the SMB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back