Social media is rubbish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

These criticisms of people are absolutely pathetic

I think I should make up a fake tweet to express my anger

Social Media, twitter in particular, gives desperate people a platform. Used correctly its great. The bigger problem is muppets on here giving 100% credence to any old Tom, Dick and Harry and then getting really upset and annoyed with the club when it doesn't happen.
I am not bothered by it as a thing it's more people getting info from there which is wrong and passing it off as their own. Most news these days is fake or supposition. Suppose I'm having a go at modern media and how it's presented really.

Have to agree to disagree then. I think these people do like to pass it off as there own and take credit when it isn't due.
Going to have to stick up for Andy/Safcsource again, I don't think I've ever seen him claim to be ITK or anything like it, from what I've seen he takes the piss out of himself for spending so much time trawling round foreign websites for bits of info.

As for Roker Report, they're Sunderland fans writing about Sunderland, don't understand why they get a hard time as well.

It was depressingly easy to get you you admit to being Spug.
I've admitted nothing. I wasn't aware I knew your brother until recently mind.

Going to have to stick up for Andy/Safcsource again, I don't think I've ever seen him claim to be ITK or anything like it, from what I've seen he takes the piss out of himself for spending so much time trawling round foreign websites for bits of info.

As for Roker Report, they're Sunderland fans writing about Sunderland, don't understand why they get a hard time as well.
Not sure if you've read the thread but I'm not moaning about them it's more the people that take their 'news' as the truth.

Safcsource does a great job - must take a lot of his time, but thousands of people benefit from it.

I can take or leave RR tbh, plenty of professional journalists doing the same thing but better. Each to their own though, used to like ALS.

No he isn't :lol:

Now that I think about it, he did mention some bloke trying to offer him Panini stickers outside Wilkos. Thought nothing of it at the time.

Consider your card marked.

I've admitted nothing. I wasn't aware I knew your brother until recently mind.

Not sure if you've read the thread but I'm not moaning about them it's more the people that take their 'news' as the truth.

Your first post reads to me like you're moaning about them....to me it seems like they get bits of info from somewhere within the club, things change though so a target one week could be dropped by the next, this doesn't mean they're full of shit, just that they report what they hear. Other than that their opinion pieces are just that, if you don't like them don't read them, or get involved in a discussion and voice your own opinions.

Your first post reads to me like you're moaning about them....to me it seems like they get bits of info from somewhere within the club, things change though so a target one week could be dropped by the next, this doesn't mean they're full of shit, just that they report what they hear. Other than that their opinion pieces are just that, if you don't like them don't read them, or get involved in a discussion and voice your own opinions.

Its all from twatter and the rest of the net man................

Sorry, I assumed with you being so certain about the content that you actually read it before commenting.....my apologies
Its blatantly obvious with the likes of RR where its come from as its been posted on here by some random poster hours before the official article arrives.....

Posters from here a good few years ago proved what happens when they started a Jan Koller for Sunderland story(told me about it via pm) and lo and behold the bloody Echo ran it as a back page without checking any of it out a couple of days later........

Again he's not my main gripe but as people keep brining him up whys he sat googling us all the time?

Is he at work doing this or on benefits?
He has alerts set up on Google News, silly boy. He saves me searching L'Equipe each morning, which is all I could be bothered to do.

I have no idea why the Roker Report lads garner so much bile from fellow supporters like.
Wasn't the bitching on here started by a poster who wanted to write for them but got knocked back? Quite possibly it was Dangly Ham, although I'm not certain.

Safcsource does a great job - must take a lot of his time, but thousands of people benefit from it.

I can take or leave RR tbh, plenty of professional journalists doing the same thing but better. Each to their own though, used to like ALS.

I'm amazed at this comment, whatever you think of RR. The standards of "professional journalists" in sport is abysmal - in particular they display a superficial understanding and heavy bias against our region. Transfers are the biggest issues at this time of year, and the pros are as often as clueless as anyone else

I'm not an avid follower of RR, but I sometimes click on links from here, and they do a decent job.

Source means from where something originates. Therefore claiming to be ITK. They weren't correct last year either. They have folk on strings..

The use of the word 'source', as with many words, varies according to context. Sure, the source of a river mean where it actually originates from. But within this context 'your source' means where you got the information from, even if it wasn't the proverbial horses mouth. So quoting a source is not a claim to be directly itk

I'm not on it it's crap.

I'm not on it either. Limitation of characters = limitation in any sort of depth.

But it's what a lot of people seem to want - look at the success of the latest social media "yo",

Like I've said the way Fishpaste writes things could lead you to believe he's ITK. The tweet about Banega and the ankle injury being a prime example. He knows as much as you or I, I quite enjoy reading some of the links hence the reason I follow him but most of what he spouts are just his own opinions.

Twitter is brilliant, it's probably the most up to date news source of any kind, anywhere. Yes there's a limitation on characters but most of the things I read on Twitter are links to external websites etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm amazed at this comment, whatever you think of RR. The standards of "professional journalists" in sport is abysmal - in particular they display a superficial understanding and heavy bias against our region. Transfers are the biggest issues at this time of year, and the pros are as often as clueless as anyone else

I'm not an avid follower of RR, but I sometimes click on links from here, and they do a decent job.

I'm talking more about the opinion pieces, rather than reporting. I pay no attention whatsoever to transfer reporting, it's a load of bollocks.

Someone like George Caulkin writes some really interesting stuff about the region's teams. I haven't read much from RR, but the stuff I have read wasn't my cup of tea. I don't want to criticise them, fanzines are a good thing and I've contributed my fair share of absolute shite to ALS over the years, it's just that I'd sooner spend my time reading the output of professional writers.

RR Is good to read if you live in a cave and can't look anywhere for your football.

However they're essentially North Korea, anything the club do is class and don't let them hear you say any different.

I also find the writers seem to think they're a bastion of knowledge on anything and everything safc.

Also that lottie comes across a cu.nt IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back