South Shields dying

Status
Not open for further replies.

How the band of shops next to asda (debenhams, next, river island) are still there is beyond me. The town centre is dying a slow and painful death

South Shields has never been much of a town. It's too small, badly laid out, with no 'downtown' to speak. Essentially a suburb of Newcastle, kept so by decades of only having decent public transport links to Newcastle and nowhere else.

In all seriousness they would be a lot better served by being part of Sunderland

South Shields has never been much of a town. It's too small, badly laid out, with no 'downtown' to speak. Essentially a suburb of Newcastle, kept so by decades of only having decent public transport links to Newcastle and nowhere else.

In all seriousness they would be a lot better served by being part of Sunderland

What a preposterous load of shit. The nightlife in Shields in the 80s/early 90s left Sunderland looking like a backward village.

Jarrow brewery will be a big miss.

The Robin Hood was doing great with Norman until that Jess bloke moved in on it. Went tits up within 3 months.

B&Q is no great loss, we live 5 minutes from it and drive to Washington B&Q because the one is Shields was designed for how people did DIY 30 years ago. They've rarely got what you want or if they do then there is never enough stock to complete a job and Wickes across the road is far better and cheaper. Rumors about Wickes closing anarl but not sure if that is the case because they are always busy.

Jarrow brewery is great shame because they did some cracking beers and the Robin is/was my local. :(

What a preposterous load of shit. The nightlife in Shields in the 80s/early 90s left Sunderland looking like a backward village.
I went to both regularly and you're completely wrong...ridiculous statement actually

Shields is just hideously laid out....they wanted to build a debenhams and look where they had to stick it. They would be better off flattening the lot and starting again as a suburb of sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back