South Shields mam and dad sales (Facebook group)

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mr Jane

What a bunch of tightfisted scroungers! Been part of this group as mate from work said it was good to sell my tv.

Long story short is people are taking photos of used clothes and dog baskets etc, then charging £2.

For £2 I would rather throw something in the bin than have people knock on my door and exchange the clart on of collection.

Seen a few people on Facebook pages for buying and selling in Sunderland and some of the shit people are willing to sell for next to nowt I think Jesus just bin it it's not worth the hassle.

Will you take £30?

That's my point. Selling a pair of shorts the other day for £2, rather throw it in the bin than have the hassle.

Used to think that about the echo ads, someone trying to sell a pair of shoes for a fiver or something. Who could be arsed for a fiver, and who is going to buy a pair if shoes randomly on spec when all they know about them is they are size eight and brown. They could look f***ing horrible.

You still get the odd optimist trying to flog a vhs of zulu or summat for the three people left in the western world that still watch tapes.

What a bunch of tightfisted scroungers! Been part of this group as mate from work said it was good to sell my tv.

Long story short is people are taking photos of used clothes and dog baskets etc, then charging £2.

For £2 I would rather throw something in the bin than have people knock on my door and exchange the clart on of collection.
I've often wondered the same. Simple minded people who still think it's the 1940's

You'd be surprised how far £2 would go for a few families.
shurrup man! Get ya ration book out! :lol:

I've often wondered the same. Simple minded people who still think it's the 1940's

shurrup man! Get ya ration book out! :lol:
You may or may not realise, not everyone in this country has a load of cash, some can't even afford the basics ya dozy ****!

I've never looked at the page, or know the details on what's for sale by who, but the odd few quid here and there makes a difference to some.

You may or may not realise, not everyone in this country has a load of cash, some can't even afford the basics ya dozy ****!

I've never looked at the page, or know the details on what's for sale by who, but the odd few quid here and there makes a difference to some.

This. Some people are on the bones of their arse and two quid is a meal for them. They do put some absolute shite on mind.

Exactly.

As me owld Nanna used to say, look after the pennies and the pounds take care of themselves. All those £2's will add up, and probably mean a lot to some.
Personally I couldn't be arsed.

Old clothes etc literally gets sent to kids in Africa (Mrs works with an African lad who sends all sorts home). I Won't trade in or sell games any more as I regret flogging all of my old ones when I was younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back