South Shields mam and dad sales (Facebook group)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I couldn't be arsed.

Old clothes etc literally gets sent to kids in Africa (Mrs works with an African lad who sends all sorts home). I Won't trade in or sell games any more as I regret flogging all of my old ones when I was younger.
And I certainly can't, but we're lucky enough for it not to make a difference.

But I'm certainly not going to take the piss or judge anyone trying to get a few quid back, as I don't know their circumstances.

Scratchcard?
Or a full weeks meals for the family from Iceland.

You may or may not realise, not everyone in this country has a load of cash, some can't even afford the basics ya dozy ****!

I've never looked at the page, or know the details on what's for sale by who, but the odd few quid here and there makes a difference to some.
Screw ya head back on, we are talking about £2 ya idiot. The petrol or cost of public transport would cost more!

And I certainly can't, but we're lucky enough for it not to make a difference.

But I'm certainly not going to take the piss or judge anyone trying to get a few quid back, as I don't know their circumstances.
Exactly mate, if you're going to that effort for a couple of quid you probably need it.

Screw ya head back on, we are talking about £2 ya idiot. The petrol or cost of public transport would cost more!
Somebody was selling a child's thirty the other day for £2 and said they could deliver for additional £1 :lol:. If they can afford a car etc I'm sure they aren't on bones of their arse scraping £2 together for a meal as some suggested.

You still get the odd optimist trying to flog a vhs of zulu or summat for the three people left in the western world that still watch tapes.
This reminds me of an old neighbour I had. Must have been in his 60/70's and he asked me to tune his new tv in. So I went round thinking he's got a new modern day tv and he's probably a bit confused with it. It was a 14" big back with a VHS player attached :lol: I didn't have a clue how to tune it in :lol:
After I pissed about and found the channels he asked me to help him throw his old tv out, that was huge. Must have been made out of lead, I had to go and get another neighbour to help me carry it to the skip :lol:

I've bought some right bargains off those sites - a second hand 16gb I pod touch for 20 quid, a brand new boombox for 20 quid, a beautiful teal throw for a fiver (wouldn't buy clothes for me or the bairn off there like - those are things I'd prefer to buy new every time).
I tend to get some canny bric a brac at charity shops (ornaments and original paintings etc)...................love a bargain me !

Used to think that about the echo ads, someone trying to sell a pair of shoes for a fiver or something. Who could be arsed for a fiver, and who is going to buy a pair if shoes randomly on spec when all they know about them is they are size eight and brown. They could look f***ing horrible.

You still get the odd optimist trying to flog a vhs of zulu or summat for the three people left in the western world that still watch tapes.

Years ago saw someone flogging a manhole cover in the Echo. Can understand possibly why you might have one to sell. But, who would see that ad and think "Hmm, might need one of them...... I'll give him a ring"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back