Star Wars ep. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Because the time of the Republic was prosperous, whereas under the Empire they didn't care about people and developing technology, presumably they controlled all manufacturing, so dedicated it to war. In Episodes 4-6 they use the old technology as best they can, it is supposed to represent what happens when you don't have freedom.

I thought Episode One is criticised too much. The films were always made with kids in mind, although Jar Jar f***ing Binks was too much, if you ignore him and that bloody 20 minute pod race thing (but at least it served some dramatic purpose, it was just too much showing off) it wasn't that bad. The fight scenes with Darth Maul were good and I liked Neeson and of course McGregor.

I think people look at Star Wars with rose tinted glasses, the acting was always a bit wooden, as was the dialogue, there were always self-indulgent scenes to showcase the expertise of ILM and stupid characters to sell merchandise with. If you accept it for what it is, then it's not the worst film ever made and seeing light sabres again was great.
Youre right, it wasn't a bad film...

Its one of the worst films ever made.

Who is the main character?

This is by far the best review of it, funny as owt!
This!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back