Starting 11

Patterson
Hume Ballard O’Nien Alese
Neil Jobe
Ba Aouchiche Rigg Mundle
We don’t play in such away to even give strikers a chance even if we had one (or one pretending to be…) up there.

So don’t. That front 4+Jobe have the capability to make forward runs and create 1v1s. Maybe.

I’m just sick of seeing a waste of a shirt in the No9 slot whose primary aim is to close down defenders.

All that said Burstow and Hjelde will play. Rigg and Alese won’t.

-----------------Patterson--------------
Pembele---Ballard---O'Nien---Hume
------------------Neil--------------------
-----------Ekwah-----Rigg--------------
Mundle------------------------Aouchiche
------------------Jobe--------------------

Best I could think of. Would have Alese LB and Hume RB if Alese was fine to start, would have Roberts instead of Mundle if he was fine to start. Would much rather give Pembele a shot at RB with Hume moving to LB to avoid either of Hjelde or Styles starting.

-----------------Patterson--------------
Pembele---Ballard---O'Nien---Hume
------------------Neil--------------------
-----------Ekwah-----Rigg--------------
Mundle------------------------Aouchiche
------------------Jobe--------------------

Best I could think of. Would have Alese LB and Hume RB if Alese was fine to start, would have Roberts instead of Mundle if he was fine to start. Would much rather give Pembele a shot at RB with Hume moving to LB to avoid either of Hjelde or Styles starting.

Actually wouldn't mind trying something like that, swap Aouchiche with Mundle so that we've got Pembele providing width one side and Mundle doing it on the other side.

Chances of Pembele playing are zero presumably though.

This will be a terrible game and every chance we lose 1-0. Wait a few days and play a slightly stronger side at home monday would be my suggestion. Give a couple a rest/more days to get fit and return to action and target that game.

We seem to have decided we’re totally inept away from home and the quality of the side we will be able to put out is unlikely to change that.

Target the home games we might actually win 1 or 2 of those before the end of the season!

This will be a terrible game and every chance we lose 1-0. Wait a few days and play a slightly stronger side at home monday would be my suggestion. Give a couple a rest/more days to get fit and return to action and target that game.

We seem to have decided we’re totally inept away from home and the quality of the side we will be able to put out is unlikely to change that.

Target the home games we might actually win 1 or 2 of those before the end of the season!
Wouldn't be banking on us winning at home on Monday if we get beat today the atmosphere will be extremely turgid and very nervous which will probably affect the players.

I would give Evans, Alese and Dack 45-60 minutes run out today if they are ok to go so my team would be:-

Patto
Hume Ballard Onien Alese
Evans
Neil Jobe
Aouchiche Dack Mundle

2nd half at some point Rigg on for Dack and Jobe goes upfront, Hjedge on for Alese, Ekwah for Evans and probably Ba on for Aouchiche.

Ah. The weekly throw shit at a wall thread had returned. Shows how bad things are sadly. We need to hope Cardiff are worse than us. I'm more hopeful of Blackburn game given the run they're on. Poss a low scoring draw there and we limp over the line.

we are so weak in key areas...Styles simply doesn't have it...Ekwah on his day helps but only when he shows up, Jobe is never a striker and better as an inside forward, Mundle ap present we have no wide players fit and certainly no strikers in the mix

Back