Steve Clarke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is your admiration for him genuine then? I'd always assumed you were taking the piss :)

I liked his kick up the arse approach but that was mostly because i hated the crowd he had inherited. He seemed to be totally clueless once the rampaging renegade act wore off.

Surprised he is someone you'd enjoy as our manager, rightly or wrongly.

It is indeed. Based on little more than a gut feeling, his desire to work hard and the fact that he expected the same from his players. I enjoyed his patter anarl. Despite what's written on here he was obviously an intelligent man with a wicked sense of humour which I warmed to. Way too early for him I know but he's the type of manager I'd have loved to have played for. Not comparing the two but he reminded me of a young Brian Clough, flawed, crackers but so full of belief and passion (The older lads on here may understand what I'm saying)

He could have royally fucked us up mind, but then he could also have delivered the earth. I never feel that about managers like Gus or Bruce. I just feel the best they have to offer would be to deliver an average side. With Di Canio it just might have been glory. Or the Conference but I was up for the ride :lol:

Think u know the answer to that, and that's not at all what we're talking about anyway.

It's what I commented on. Could you answer the question, it's not too difficult.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back