Stewart Downing to sign for...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodgate would have been on a decent wage wouldn't he?

Plus Boro's attendances went up a good bit last season, so I'm sure there's added finance there compared to this time last year.

Paying anyone £75,000 a week in the championship is mental mind, very much doubt he'd be on anything more than £50,000 maximum there.

Plus Boro's attendances went up a good bit last season, so I'm sure there's added finance there compared to this time last year.

Paying anyone £75,000 a week in the championship is mental mind, very much doubt he'd be on anything more than £50,000 maximum there.

And in the Premier League. I certainly hope we'd pay him nowhere near that absurd amount.

If there was ever a club to do that it would be us mind :lol:
We've had our fair share of panic buys and overspends on aging crocks, that's for sure (hello Steve).

But from now on in I'm hopeful there's a much more considered and professional approach going on behind the scenes.

Boros total wage bill is only £250k a week and they lost more last year than their actual total turnover...........

We've had our fair share of panic buys and overspends on aging crocks, that's for sure (hello Steve).

But from now on in I'm hopeful there's a much more considered and professional approach going on behind the scenes.

Well I'm very happy that with the signings of Coates and Matthews that we are maybe turning over a new leaf and not thinking of going down the O'Shea/Brown monster contracts route.

In theory we should use the loan market to its maximum every season, I disagree with people who think it's a waste of time. Sign proven quality if its available in areas we need to improve in, not just buy another goal keeper when we have two capable ones already when we are crying out for another winger or centre midfielder.

I was half slated for suggesting the club should rebuild from the back up a few weeks ago before any signings were made, but it makes sense as that was the area we were the shortest and probably weakest in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back