Stoke's defensive record

Status
Not open for further replies.

If we keep a clean sheet we can win it I think. Fletcher and Defoe look dangerous and will get better and better. Watmore and Lens and also Johnson will worry their defends

A point against Stoke in the long run may well turn out to be a good result, however when you look at our run of games over the next month or so, 3 points and maybe more importantly, back to back wins, does seem to be vitally important and would change the outlook of the relegation battle slightly.

Beating Stoke means that getting one or two half decent results against the top sides (a win or a couple of draws) and a result against Watford will mean going into the game against Villa on something like 18 points from 19 games. Win that and we'll almost certainly be out of the bottom 3.

In the real world, we lose to Stoke and Watford, but beat Liverpool and get draw against Chelsea.

Beating Stoke means that getting one or two half decent results against the top sides (a win or a couple of draws) and a result against Watford will mean going into the game against Villa on something like 18 points from 19 games. Win that and we'll almost certainly be out of the bottom 3.

In the real world, we lose to Stoke and Watford, but beat Liverpool and get draw against Chelsea.
Your bottom line is nearer the truth with our lot :lol:

Would like a win obviously, but progress would be not getting beat. I m not that worried about our fixtures coming up as I think a clean sheet against Stoke will breed confidence and we will get the odd surprise result.

It's this and the law of averages that makes me nervous about tomorrow. Clubs like us just don't go on those type of runs for long, and when they go they tend to go big style. We've also got a huge doubt over Phillipp Wollscheid, who has been superb since he came back into the side and even more superb since Shawcross came back.

I'd gladly take a 0-0 now.

It's this and the law of averages that makes me nervous about tomorrow. Clubs like us just don't go on those type of runs for long, and when they go they tend to go big style. We've also got a huge doubt over Phillipp Wollscheid, who has been superb since he came back into the side and even more superb since Shawcross came back.

You up for the match marra

Law of averages also will say you're due to win a league game v us up here

With Stoke's defensive record and Big Sam's approach to not conceding I can't see many goals tomorrow. It will be tense but I've got a feeling that we'll nick it 1-0 with Fletch getting the winner. We may be last on MoTD but what the hell

They are all about the counter these days. Score first and I fancy us, they still have a large proportion of chod in their team.

Their good players, are good. Nice bit of pace etc, not sure how much they will like tracking back though.

Tough game.

Really? I thought everyone rated him?
Everyone does, he is just as thick as a whale omelette.

With Stoke's defensive record and Big Sam's approach to not conceding I can't see many goals tomorrow. It will be tense but I've got a feeling that we'll nick it 1-0 with Fletch getting the winner. We may be last on MoTD but what the hell
Remember the owld song 1-0 to the Arsenal ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back