Strange things happen at the till in a supermarket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilki

Striker
Nipped down to a local supermarket down here in Chesterfield after work to pick some bits and bobs up and the fella at the till noticed my wallet which I use for work ( a present from not so little Wilki ) that has the new badge all over it and said, " Your obviously a Sunderland fan can you remember a player called Joe Bolton," "Ofcourse" I said "Hard as nails and a cracking player," he said " Ive heard that more than once or twice, hes my Dad" Went on to have a little chat and said good bye till the next time I was in, nice lad and good at his job...... like his Dad.

I had a bit of craic with Joe a few years ago as he used to be mates with my cousin and they were at Sunderland together. Anyway, his Mrs kept saying "Joe we have to go now" and he just kept talking and talking, a top fella he was....and as hard as nails.

never forget a sliding tackle he did . it had been pissing down all day and joe went in for a sliding tackle on the corner between the fulwell end and clock stand. the ball was kicked down the line and joe slid in from inside the 18 yard box took the ball out but also drenched a few fans standing in the clock stand. great player but think he would have trouble with the powder puff football they play nowadays.

I've read similar story on here before about a poster chatting to a relative of a former player in a supermarket. I think that was in Chesterfield an'all. :neutral:

its about time we got Chesterfield in a cup. would love to rub some faces in it at work> thats if we won would go on the sick if we didnt

Remember a game at the back end of the seventies - last game of the season against Charlton I think. Joe had already scored two and when we got a penalty Rowell let him take it, my Dad says to me "he'll miss this" and sure enough he blasted it over the bar well up into the Fulwell! Think Sir Gary got the third

its about time we got Chesterfield in a cup. would love to rub some faces in it at work> thats if we won would go on the sick if we didnt

Problem with that is Town rarely get past the 1st round of the league cup or to the 3rd round of the FA cup

Pre season friendly would do me

Nipped down to a local supermarket down here in Chesterfield after work to pick some bits and bobs up and the fella at the till noticed my wallet which I use for work ( a present from not so little Wilki ) that has the new badge all over it and said, " Your obviously a Sunderland fan can you remember a player called Joe Bolton," "Ofcourse" I said "Hard as nails and a cracking player," he said " Ive heard that more than once or twice, hes my Dad" Went on to have a little chat and said good bye till the next time I was in, nice lad and good at his job...... like his Dad.

I see what you did there.

His last club was Matlock Town...not that far from Chesterfield.

Seen what you did there.

Next time tell him his Dad spent more time here than he did at the football club

http://www.pelawgrange.co.uk/

never forget a sliding tackle he did . it had been pissing down all day and joe went in for a sliding tackle on the corner between the fulwell end and clock stand. the ball was kicked down the line and joe slid in from inside the 18 yard box took the ball out but also drenched a few fans standing in the clock stand. great player but think he would have trouble with the powder puff football they play nowadays.
Loved Joe - but would get sent off in the warm up in todays game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back