Strange things happen at the till in a supermarket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

76/77 season against Southampton. Joe is taking a throw-in on the Clock Stand side and Jimmy Case is standing in front of him. Joe stops and leans over to Case, next thing he puts the ball straight into Case's face. He got booked for that.
I asked him after the game what had happened, "Well Case said something to me but I didn't hear it properly. I asked him what did he say and he said it again but I heard him this time," You can't f****** play." So I shoved the ball in his face. Worth a booking!

Nipped down to a local supermarket down here in Chesterfield after work to pick some bits and bobs up and the fella at the till noticed my wallet which I use for work ( a present from not so little Wilki ) that has the new badge all over it and said, " Your obviously a Sunderland fan can you remember a player called Joe Bolton," "Ofcourse" I said "Hard as nails and a cracking player," he said " Ive heard that more than once or twice, hes my Dad" Went on to have a little chat and said good bye till the next time I was in, nice lad and good at his job...... like his Dad.

Chesterfield? Love child?

Nipped down to a local supermarket down here in Chesterfield after work to pick some bits and bobs up and the fella at the till noticed my wallet which I use for work ( a present from not so little Wilki ) that has the new badge all over it and said, " Your obviously a Sunderland fan can you remember a player called Joe Bolton," "Ofcourse" I said "Hard as nails and a cracking player," he said " Ive heard that more than once or twice, hes my Dad" Went on to have a little chat and said good bye till the next time I was in, nice lad and good at his job...... like his Dad.
we all loved joe joe joe bolton his biggest nightmere was john chidosey [ good spella ] winger who run joe raggerd time and again leyton os 1970s .. great to watch the battle as a kid ...

Sent off in the battle of turf moor wasn't he?
Yes both full backs him and Micky Henderson.......?

The other full back was Joe Hinnigan , yes both sent off

Sent off in the battle of turf moor wasn't he?
Yes both full backs him and Micky Henderson.......?

The other full back was Joe Hinnigan , yes both sent off

Tis was Micky Henderson Joe H wasn't playing for Sunderland in 1979

Aey - hes called Joe as well
Was born down that way - moved to Birtley with his dad but most of his mates etc are down there so he ended up moving back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back