Strange things happen at the till in a supermarket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love Joe's reaction at Wembley in 73 when the final whistle goes, barging his way past people to get on the pitch as quick as he can to be part of the celebrations. Just like a supporter. Class.

Love Joe's reaction at Wembley in 73 when the final whistle goes, barging his way past people to get on the pitch as quick as he can to be part of the celebrations. Just like a supporter. Class.
Was he on the staff then? He's the first player I remember seeing - maybe about 1976 at Roker?

Nipped down to a local supermarket down here in Chesterfield after work to pick some bits and bobs up and the fella at the till noticed my wallet which I use for work ( a present from not so little Wilki ) that has the new badge all over it and said, " Your obviously a Sunderland fan can you remember a player called Joe Bolton," "Ofcourse" I said "Hard as nails and a cracking player," he said " Ive heard that more than once or twice, hes my Dad" Went on to have a little chat and said good bye till the next time I was in, nice lad and good at his job...... like his Dad.
His so called da would have flattened you.
Mebbes Jeremy kyle's DNA tests are the way to go.

I met Gabbiadinis daughter in York once.

Beat that.

When he got sent off in the 1-0 Boro game at ayresome park...."WE HATE BORO, WE HATE BORO, WE HATE BORO, WE HATE BORO, WE HATE BORO, WE HATE BORO, WE HATE BORO".....as he trundled off the pitch.

did you ask what hes dad was doing now ? last I heard he was a wagon driver

i worked with him on the wagons a few years ago when we were at the co-op in birtley. he was a real nice fella, down to earth and good crack.
my claim to fame is that i once shared a lay bye with him on the way to barrow in furness. (separate wagons of course!)
i was canny embarrassed at the time but i asked him to sign a card for my mates 50th birthday which he did no problem. joe was my mates hero and when we gave it to him i could see him filling up. his mrs said he knocked all the family 'photo's off the mantelpiece to have this card in full view:)

Was he on the staff then? He's the first player I remember seeing - maybe about 1976 at Roker?
he was the tea boy/half time orange peeler.

I met Gabbiadinis daughter in York once.

Beat that.
i bumped into peter beardsley in c&a at the metro centre once and exchanged 'allrights'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back