Suarez

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does bringing up old incidents in anyway justify Luis Suarez biting 3 different people? Also doing something you quite clearly know is wrong for a third time suggests its not really spontaneous.

Then factor in the racial abuse of Patrice Evra. Football does not need a Luis Suarez.

Ah - so you really think he thought today I'm going to bite that twat Chielini in front of an audience of 1000 million people, bring my team and country into dishonour and leave the team with only 10 men?

Obviously you need an introduction to basic psychology for the man an the Clapham omnibus - so here goes:-

/www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-winner-effect/201406/four-reasons-why-luis-suarez-bites

He had two chances to reform

He then proceeded to bite more people

Where's your Christian charity Chunky?

Ah - so you really think he thought today I'm going to bite that twat Chielini in front of an audience of 1000 million people, bring my team and country into dishonour and leave the team with only 10 men?

Obviously you need an introduction to basic psychology for the man an the Clapham omnibus - so here goes:-

/www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-winner-effect/201406/four-reasons-why-luis-suarez-bites

Where's your Christian charity Chunky?
I'm all for second chances

What happens if he does it again? Does he get ANOTHER chance?

I'm all for second chances

What happens if he does it again? Does he get ANOTHER chance?

What happens? Someone will have a little reminder of Luis a few days - and Luis will be the centre of another storm and probably get a 15- match ban - and there will be wailing and clenching of teeth in "Can Barça" and much rejoicing in Madrid, Munich, Turin and Oporto.

Bet Haaland wishes Keane ha only bit him.

Hope you've read the article - I found it quite interesting.

I don't need a f***ing psychology lesson to tell you that another human being who has racially abused another player (then refused to shake his hand!) and has bit 3 separate opponents on 3 separate occasions has no place in world football.

That is my opinion. I think he is indefensible.

You claimed I had an agenda against the bloke, i don't but i will ask you this, would you defend Suarez so much if he hadn't been signed by Barcelona?

I don't need a f***ing psychology lesson to tell you that another human being who has racially abused another player (then refused to shake his hand!) and has bit 3 separate opponents on 3 separate occasions has no place in world football.

That is my opinion. I think he is indefensible.

You claimed I had an agenda against the bloke, i don't but i will ask you this, would you defend Suarez so much if he hadn't been signed by Barcelona?

I don't defend him - he's been tried, found guilty, end of story. I'm really pleased he's at Barcelona - he's just what they needed - and glad that he never went to Madrid - they'd be nigh on unbeatable with him. Pity we can't have him.

I don't claim you have agenda - I only asked cheekily.

Have you read the article? Interesting, isn't it?

p.s.

The Evra incident is lamentable - and he paid the price- I don't buy his excuse about the intricacies of Spanish ("negrito" is derogatory and at best paternalistic) - but Uruguay is not a multi-cultural society as ours and they are backward in this respect ( as is Spain) - and as are some of our fans still apparently - though I know we have come a long way. As I have mentioned b4 on this board I was always ashamed of our fans back in the 70's doing the "monkey" chant. Back then it was the majority doing it - now it's only the odd neanderthal that behaves like that.

Big question is Suarez half speed or Agurro on drugs? Still better than our front line though with the exception of Friend or Defoe~

I don't defend him - he's been tried, found guilty, end of story. I'm really pleased he's at Barcelona - he's just what they needed - and glad that he never went to Madrid - they'd be nigh on unbeatable with him. Pity we can't have him.

I don't claim you have agenda - I only asked cheekily.

Have you read the article? Interesting, isn't it?

p.s.

The Evra incident is lamentable - and he paid the price- I don't buy his excuse about the intricacies of Spanish ("negrito" is derogatory and at best paternalistic) - but Uruguay is not a multi-cultural society as ours and they are backward in this respect ( as is Spain) - and as are some of our fans still apparently - though I know we have come a long way. As I have mentioned b4 on this board I was always ashamed of our fans back in the 70's doing the "monkey" chant. Back then it was the majority doing it - now it's only the odd neanderthal that behaves like that.

I did and i found it to be a list of excuses. Plenty of ''footballing geniuses'' perform and do not have the urge to bite people. The rest are just guesses to why he might have done it. None are excusable though especially 3 and 4. The Evra incident is/was shocking. Even after he exhausted all his excuses like you've described the man still couldn't shake Evra's hand.

Without looking back at other incidents and looking at the three bites, constant cheating and racial abuse of Evra in isolation. Can you honestly still defend the bloke? How could anyone support him? Absolutely baffling.

I did and i found it to be a list of excuses. Plenty of ''footballing geniuses'' perform and do not have the urge to bite people. The rest are just guesses to why he might have done it. None are excusable though especially 3 and 4. The Evra incident is/was shocking. Even after he exhausted all his excuses like you've described the man still couldn't shake Evra's hand.

Without looking back at other incidents and looking at the three bites, constant cheating and racial abuse of Evra in isolation. Can you honestly still defend the bloke? How could anyone support him? Absolutely baffling.

I don't defend him - he's been punished, and just as our judicial system does - I allow him the chance to show he's rehabilitated. Of course he might re-offend - you've read the article - it's an instinctive reaction - but it's not such a big deal - much better a little bite than an elbow in the face, as Silva might tell you tomorrow when he wakes up.

I don't defend him - he's been punished, and just as our judicial system does - I allow him the chance to show he's rehabilitated. Of course he might re-offend - you've read the article - it's an instinctive reaction - but it's not such a big deal - much better a little bite than an elbow in the face, as Silva might tell you tomorrow when he wakes up.

You talk like he has only bit one person. I really find you're views quite odd. Justifying one bad act with another.

And he has kept reoffending.

Once I can understand (f***ing hell, he bit someone, can I really understand that?)

Twice? Three times? He's an animal and shouldn't be allowed on a football field

You talk like he has only bit one person. I really find you're views quite odd. Justifying one bad act with another.

??????????????????????

The oddest thing is your interpretation of my posts. You've read the psychological explanation (and understood I suppose), but you choose to pooh pooh it as it doesn't fit in with your gut reaction - You understand the western judicial system I suppose - you offend, get punished and that's it. You re-offend and the punishment gets tougher - as in Suarez's case. Maybe you and Chucky would prefer the introduction of an Saudi Arabian-type Sharia law for Suarez and have his head bitten off publicly in the Bernabeu or at Wembley - but I prefer to forgive and forget as I was brought up to do in the best humanistic tradition.

??????????????????????

The oddest thing is your interpretation of my posts. You've read the psychological explanation (and understood I suppose), but you choose to pooh pooh it as it doesn't fit in with your gut reaction - You understand the western judicial system I suppose - you offend, get punished and that's it. You re-offend and the punishment gets tougher - as in Suarez's case. Maybe you and Chucky would prefer the introduction of an Saudi Arabian-type Sharia law for Suarez and have his head bitten off publicly in the Bernabeu or at Wembley - but I prefer to forgive and forget as I was brought up to do in the best humanistic tradition.

You justify Suarez not being banned by bringing up other incidents that you deem worse. Im not sure why that has any relevance?

Banning a multi-millionaire from being able to play football for what he has done isn't even that harsh. I can accept it once. Twice? For biting im really struggling but a third time? No way. Plus the racism incident on top and I cant see how anyone would want someone like that playing football.

The only reason he is still in a job is because of the money he is worth to a club like Barcelona or Liverpool. He should have been sacked long before the third bite anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back