Sunderland Beach House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lass from the echo went the other day and was served out of date pepsi !

I wouldn't trust these newspaper restaurant/pub reviewers an inch. When I worked at the Gazette years ago, the Gazette foodie lass did a scathing review of the Jolly Sailor at Whitburn, saying on the day she went in the food was very poor, meat and gravy cold, vegetables stewed etc etc etc. The lass in question was a young hip, arrogant, stuffy pseudo-intellectual who thought she was God's gift to the readers of South Tyneside.

She didn't look so clever when the paper published her apology and admission that she had never been to the Jolly Sailor, after having been informed by the angry landlady that on the stated date of the journo's claimed visit to the pub, the kitchen had been closed and food was not being served!!!

Gotcha!!

I wouldn't trust these newspaper restaurant/pub reviewers an inch. When I worked at the Gazette years ago, the Gazette foodie lass did a scathing review of the Jolly Sailor at Whitburn, saying on the day she went in the food was very poor, meat and gravy cold, vegetables stewed etc etc etc. The lass in question was a young hip, arrogant, stuffy pseudo-intellectual who thought she was God's gift to the readers of South Tyneside.

She didn't look so clever when the paper published her apology and admission that she had never been to the Jolly Sailor, after having been informed by the angry landlady that on the stated date of the journo's claimed visit to the pub, the kitchen had been closed and food was not being served!!!

Gotcha!!

So do you think this reviewer was too hip for out of date pepsi?

I think he's suggesting that the review might not have been factually correct Boris. He even gave an example where such a thing had happened previously.
I know :lol:

lunacy.......beach house should sue if their pop is actually still within its consume by date

Stirk's wouldn't stand for it if someone rubbished their pop

Shame they seem to have done such a shit job with it

A chef who doesn't know whether there are nuts in the food or not......surely 'Chef' is too modest.....it takes a 'Masterchef' to warm up food prepared by other people

How is it utter shite? The food is prepared off site by someone who doesn't know whether it contains nuts or not. :lol:

Other dishes will have been prepared in that kitched that did contain nuts, the chef will have known what was in the dish but wasn't prepared to risk cross contamination.

If I had a restuarant I'd refuse to serve anyone with a nut allergy, cross contamination can happen very easily and as a restaurateur you can be facing manslaughter charges.

Other dishes will have been prepared in that kitched that did contain nuts, the chef will have known what was in the dish but wasn't prepared to risk cross contamination.

If I had a restuarant I'd refuse to serve anyone with a nut allergy, cross contamination can happen very easily and as a restaurateur you can be facing manslaughter charges.

Or you could clean your stuff

You're questioning the validity of newspaper reviews

I think my true story illustrates that reviews cannot be fully trusted. I will happily admit that the example i gave is an extreme one though. Reviews are also subjective. The reviewer may have been having a bad day when an unfair assessment was made.

It's easy enough at home where you're preparing 1 dish at a time but not that simple in a commerical kitchen.

You're taking a risk any time you eat out.

It should be part of their job mate.........I don't want to die of food poisoning due to lack of hygene/food storage standards and I don't want to die of an allergic reaction to something I didn't order.

America are legislating for it, we will follow

I think my true story illustrates that reviews cannot be fully trusted. I will happily admit that the example i gave is an extreme one though. Reviews are also subjective. The reviewer may have been having a bad day when an unfair assessment was made.

I agree but the question of something being in or out of date is pretty black and white

It should be part of their job mate.........I don't want to die of food poisoning due to lack of hygene/food storage standards and I don't want to die of an allergic reaction to something I didn't order.

America are legislating for it, we will follow

I agree but the question of something being in or out of date is pretty black and white
Was it 'best before' or 'use by' though?

Shades of grey mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back