Sunderland consider Danny Welbeck from Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

The trouble is as far as I know Welbeck wants to play as a striker and not on the wing or out wide? That has been the trouble at Man Utd I think. Will he want to come here and play in the position Borini was going to play out wide? Nope. If he came in I expect him to play as a striker upfront. If Wickham goes to Crystal palace then Welbeck will take his place and I think Gus will go for another loan option on Borini although I would forget about Borini but Gus wants him badly so that's that.

The trouble is as far as I know Welbeck wants to play as a striker and not on the wing or out wide? That has been the trouble at Man Utd I think. Will he want to come here and play in the position Borini was going to play out wide? Nope. If he came in I expect him to play as a striker upfront. If Wickham goes to Crystal palace then Welbeck will take his place and I think Gus will go for another loan option on Borini although I would forget about Borini but Gus wants him badly so that's that.
If we get just Welbeck and keep Wickham, something that is looking more likely each day, then starting Welbeck out wide but allowing him and Wickham to swap during the game, like Borini and Wickham did last season, might sway things for Welbeck. Unfortunately he's not got the out and out finishing ability to be a striker at a top side, especially when that side have better midfielders in it.

If we get just Welbeck and keep Wickham, something that is looking more likely each day, then starting Welbeck out wide but allowing him and Wickham to swap during the game, like Borini and Wickham did last season, might sway things for Welbeck. Unfortunately he's not got the out and out finishing ability to be a striker at a top side, especially when that side have better midfielders in it.
I can't see us keeping Wickham, his contract is running out and it's either sell him now for as much as we can get while the interest is there or let him go when his contract is up although we will still get a money for him but not as much I don't think. If we keep him he just won't be bothered to play so much or try because he knows he will be away. Welbeck has got pace though and proves he can score the goals, I'd love him to come here.

I can't see us keeping Wickham, his contract is running out and it's either sell him now for as much as we can get while the interest is there or let him go when his contract is up although we will still get a money for him but not as much I don't think. If we keep him he just won't be bothered to play so much or try because he knows he will be away. Welbeck has got pace though and proves he can score the goals, I'd love him to come here.
So Wickham signing a new deal is out of the question? Can't/won't happen? Wickham hasn't asked for a transfer even after the two bids from West Ham. I honestly still think he'll sign a new deal.

As for Welbeck or Borini, I've just done a little comparison over on the squawka comparison matrix, and I'm quite surprised by the outcome.

http://www.squawka.com/comparison-m...ouls_committed/interceptions/clearances#total

So Wickham signing a new deal is out of the question? Can't/won't happen? Wickham hasn't asked for a transfer even after the two bids from West Ham. I honestly still think he'll sign a new deal.

As for Welbeck or Borini, I've just done a little comparison over on the squawka comparison matrix, and I'm quite surprised by the outcome.

http://www.squawka.com/comparison-m...ouls_committed/interceptions/clearances#total
He could still sign a new deal yes but all the talk is he doesn't want to sign a contract and if we were desperate for him to stay we would offer him what he wants although this is just paper talk we don't know for sure but with Crystal Palace after him I think he will leave but we shall see I guess. Gus prefers Borini but there is some hold up somewhere and I can't see it happening, I would love Welbeck and Borini but I think that is getting greedy :lol:

He could still sign a new deal yes but all the talk is he doesn't want to sign a contract and if we were desperate for him to stay we would offer him what he wants although this is just paper talk we don't know for sure but with Crystal Palace after him I think he will leave but we shall see I guess. Gus prefers Borini but there is some hold up somewhere and I can't see it happening, I would love Welbeck and Borini but I think that is getting greedy :lol:
There's not any talk saying Wickham doesn't want to sign? The talk is that we are talking to him and his reps, but have yet to offer a deal for some reason. If he left for Palace instead of pushing for West Ham after their bids last week he'd be utterly stupid. Not only that, the Palace rumours are fucked up as it is, back in Jan Pullis wanted Wickham, his board said no. Last week or two, reports came out that Pullis was unhappy and wanted to leave cause the board wouldn't go in for Wickham, again. Then Pullis leaves and reports claim he left because the BOARD wanted Wickham, and Pullis didn't!?

There's not any talk saying Wickham doesn't want to sign? The talk is that we are talking to him and his reps, but have yet to offer a deal for some reason. If he left for Palace instead of pushing for West Ham after their bids last week he'd be utterly stupid. Not only that, the Palace rumours are fucked up as it is, back in Jan Pullis wanted Wickham, his board said no. Last week or two, reports came out that Pullis was unhappy and wanted to leave cause the board wouldn't go in for Wickham, again. Then Pullis leaves and reports claim he left because the BOARD wanted Wickham, and Pullis didn't!?
http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport...ract-but-sunderland-still-confident-1-6729731

We won't know for sure what is going on behind the scenes we can only go by what is reported. If Sunderland want to keep him they would offer him the money he wants but his attitude has been brought into question as well and previous managers have noted that. Just less than 2 weeks to go so we will soon find out what happens. It is clear that we still need quality in the team though.

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport...ract-but-sunderland-still-confident-1-6729731

We won't know for sure what is going on behind the scenes we can only go by what is reported. If Sunderland want to keep him they would offer him the money he wants but his attitude has been brought into question as well and previous managers have noted that. Just less than 2 weeks to go so we will soon find out what happens. It is clear that we still need quality in the team though.
It's later come out that the club haven't offered him a contract at all.

I see at the bottom of the article about Connor Wickham theres a paragraph saying we are still hoping to sign Vergini !! Bang up to date news eh !! Shite

Connor Wickham is NOT the answer....I bet Welbeck with one bad leg is still better than CW at his best. He had a few good games at the end of last season but even those games showed signs of weakness. We get Welbeck and Wickham can go sit on the bench for another team.

Connor Wickham is NOT the answer....I bet Welbeck with one bad leg is still better than CW at his best. He had a few good games at the end of last season but even those games showed signs of weakness. We get Welbeck and Wickham can go sit on the bench for another team.
This !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back