Sunderland European attendance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was there both home games and was at Lisbon.Only reason i missed the other one was my dad worked at the ROF in Birtley and security said I wasn't allowed to a communist country for national security reasons (in case I was kidnapped and my old man was blackmailed ).Believe it or not.

surely if we became that could we'd gain a lot of fans from out the area to help fill the ground.

Aye them special european nights at Roker Park, straight from work with your haversack containing your empty flask and bait box, few pints of Lorimers into the ground the wind howling through the back of the Fulwell dust and litter flying about, glare of the floodlights, smell of hot bovril, half time pies. Couple of pints after the game, bus home, fish lot. Aye magic nights.Fantastic european record for a 2nd Div club played 4 won 3.

First home game would be a sell out.

If we consistantly qualified for the Europa league, we would end up getting 30-35K for the home games.

Away games would be well attended, daft trip away and all that.

My dad said that in the 70's everyone was excited about playing in Europe, but the fans felt kicked in the teeth by the club doubling ticket prices. People stayed away in protest. Remember the 70's were hard times up here, it wasn't really fair on the fans and isn't really a true reflection of us in Europe!

My personal opinion - for what it's worth - is that there would be a massive sense of pride and achievement. Especially Sunderland representing our country in Europe. I think there would be a swell of support and it would go along way towards breathing some life back into the club.

for the quality of teams played and beat, safc deserved that europa place more than hull.

Nee

If we consistantly qualified for the Europa league, we would end up getting 30-35K for the home games.

Nee chance it would sell out like

Nah, no chance it would be a sell out. We weren't far from being in an FA Cup final instead of Hull last season. They had a qualifying match against some Slovakian team in July, if it was us I think we'd struggle to get over 20k for that game. Even in the playoff round they drew Lokeren who are hardly a glamour tie.

Olomouc's ground is 750metres from my office :)

Never been to Olomouc, but was in Czech Republic first week of September. Love the place, me. Plzen, Ostrava, Brno, Breclav .... I'm sure it has its nutters, but the people I met were superb, some excellent wines (if a bit over priced) and the beer is only comparable to Belgium.

Never been to Olomouc, but was in Czech Republic first week of September. Love the place, me. Plzen, Ostrava, Brno, Breclav .... I'm sure it has its nutters, but the people I met were superb, some excellent wines (if a bit over priced) and the beer is only comparable to Belgium.
They have 800 types of beer as well ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back