sunderland fans link adam johnson song to madelein mccann

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haven't seen or heard anything relating to Madelaine McCann, but the other chant mentioned (super Adam Johnson tune) definitely happened by a group of about 20 bellends under the stand at Hull.

That, as well as "He shags who he wants".

Load of rubbish. I was at the game, in the pubs before hand, under the stands, on twitter, Facebook and here and seen nothing other than a few supporting songs for him. Absolutely shocking article.

You obviously missed the umpteen pre-match renditions of 'he shags who he wants' then.

And it wasn't just a few singing it, the utter idiots

I was there and I find it disgusting that a newspaper is allowed to publish such f***ing shite!!!! I heard absolutely nothing related to Mccann, but now I have to be judged because of some shit newspaper hoping for a few cheap sales?! :mad:

Can't the club get something done over articles like this?

No evidence of Johnson being "charged"

Fans didn't sing anything in any kind a relevance to Mccann.

Fans not even aloud to sing a song about their best player supporting him? Not like we sung "he shags who he wants"

I would assume Jerry Lawton who scribbled that superb article on some bog paper will be on Twitter? If so let him know your thoughts....

I would assume Jerry Lawton who scribbled that superb article on some bog paper will be on Twitter? If so let him know your thoughts....

@JerryLawton http://t.co/sJqOzxRurp any evidence to back up this Madeline bollocks you spout?? I was there, heard nothing like that at all

We have lots of cretinous fans.

Bollocks.

There was a handful of bellends singing 'shags who he wants', mainly 16 year olds pissed/coked up diving about acting like knobheads.

They were drowned out by the rest of brilliant support we have, especially in the stands

Well done on The Star for managing to libel 2,500 Sunderland supporters.

Great sign off line as well:

"He has not been charged with any crime."

Apparently we're planning to sing more stuff at the Villa game, haway lads owe up, which one of you is planning shit? Stop it, you're very naughty!

Morally bankrupt publication tries to take the moral highground.
Yep, nothing to see here...

Apparently we're planning to sing more stuff at the Villa game, haway lads owe up, which one of you is planning shit? Stop it, you're very naughty!
If we can't link Rowell's hat-trick at the landfill with the actions of Mugabe we may as well jack the lot in and go home.

Off topic but: I understand - sort of - chants and songs that are meant to encourage the team when they are playing, but I don't understand about singing support for someone you don't personally know, isn't a freind or a family member, or a work colleague, never met, have no idea regarding character etc., ...and who isn't actually present.

Bill Shankly was talking shite. There are LOADS of things more important than football.

Off topic but: I understand - sort of - chants and songs that are meant to encourage the team when they are playing, but I don't understand about singing support for someone you don't personally know, isn't a freind or a family member, or a work colleague, never met, have no idea regarding character etc., ...and who isn't actually present.

Bill Shankly was talking shite. There are LOADS of things more important than football.

So the mags shouldnt have chanted for gutierrez when he was out then? I realise they are totally different situations like but his case would fit into your "dont see why people would chant" scenario. Fans often chant for people who arent there, we often still chant for quinny and skp, it always happens

i think supporters, support the club and its players... singing songs is the way the supporters, support the club (and its players)... an employee of the club is going through troubled times (who as yet has been charged with no crimes), how else are the fans going to get across that they support said employee of the club they support?

So the mags shouldnt have chanted for gutierrez when he was out then? I realise they are totally different situations like but his case would fit into your "dont see why people would chant" scenario. Fans often chant for people who arent there, we often still chant for quinny and skp, it always happens
see them bastards at villa cheering petrov on the 19th minute...

My comment was focused on the puzzling nature of human behaviour specifically related to football supporters, chants and singing. So whilst I agree with you that things which puzzle us often happen [I paraphrase] I'm afraid that your question regarding my opinion of chanting for Gutierrez is one I can't respond to; as I didn't say that I believed it shouldn't ever happen. Only that I don't understand it.

I've often been puzzled by the 'chanting' and 'singing' thing. On the news this morning was a piece about football supporters singing obscenities and sexist chant aimed towards female physios, referees and executives... and we all know about the racist stuff. Even more off topic now and I'm not aiming to hi-jack the thread but I'm just saying that the chanting and singing thing - when it isn't aimed at encouraging the team - has always puzzled me. I'm not even saying that I haven't done it myself on the odd rare occasion (not the offensive stuff - just joining in the singing of 'Disco Pants'* in a pub before a game or something... why on earth would I do that.

* in my defence, the last time I sang a song about Niall Quinn would be when he played for the team.

...how else are the fans going to get across that they support said employee of the club they support?...

I don't want to come across as unfeeling but I don't feel any need to, personally, to 'get across my support' for someone who I wouldn't know from (pardon me) Adam if he didn't play for the team I follow. I have absolutely no idea what kind of guy he is, one way or the other. But others feel the need so I suppose I must be in the minority. I'll vacate the thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back