Sunderland illuminations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extended from last year to include the seafront.

Well done Sunderland Council, delivering on a promise of continuing and extending if popular.
its always been popular , i used to go years ago with the bairn, cant understand why they stopped it in the first place tbh

its always been popular , i used to go years ago with the bairn, cant understand why they stopped it in the first place tbh
Council couldn't afford it and asked for contributions from the local businesses who were benefitting from the extra trade, they refused.

I'm sure that's the reason.

Used to take my girls back in the day,very good it was

i worked for the council back in the day of the illuminations. crazy golf and boating lake. i had the putting green up at the top end near the sea front. i also had a stint in the souvenir kiosk at the band stand. great money for that job back inthe late 80s

one night we turned up and our shed had been tossed in the lake and some sod had unlocked all the pedalos. a right carry on. i had some waders that stunk to high heaven to go in and get all the boats.

happy times. shift finished and into the new derby for a few pints.

Hope the tap makes a return, sure I read they tried for last year but couldn't get it made. Also what did they do with all the lights they had? Did they flog them all to Blackpool?

Hope the tap makes a return, sure I read they tried for last year but couldn't get it made. Also what did they do with all the lights they had? Did they flog them all to Blackpool?

I think I read last year that the tap will be making a return this year. Exciting times!

They must have held some of the lights in storage at least as some have been in the park the last few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back