Sunderland Pride!

Status
Not open for further replies.

What I said, if people see if for just the street party it is then all is well and jolly but if people try to give it the same weight it used to have then there are rooted issues. One being the stereotyping of everyone with a different to the norm sexuality, which simply couldn't be further from the real world of LGBT. That very stereotyping of LGBT people these events give off is counterproductive at best and will only help the already 'influenced' people out there with negative views or even hatred of LGBT people. The whole 'pride' issue as well is putting even the most liberal people off, too. We are born this way, how can we be 'proud' of something we have absolutely no control over whatsoever. We haven't saved three hundred people from a burning building. We haven't dismantled bombs on trains or safety landed a plane. Or cured cancer. We just happen to have a sexuality slightly off the sexuality the majority of people have. That is nothing to be 'proud' of. Am not saying we should be ashamed either, of course, don't get me wrong, but the whole 'pride' label at these events makes it harder for those in the LGBT community who still struggle. And they are still out there. A simple street party once a year is not going to change that, sorry. The over the top stereotyping these events give off, the 'pride' label and yes to a degree the campness of it all is not how most people in the LGBT community see ourselves. Looking at it this way how can these events be any good to the general LGBT person ? You don't agree with me and am fine with that, of course I am, but I speak with experience and it tells me these events are of very little help. But, and I shall happily repeat it yet again, as a street party it still has its place and long may it stay that way. I honestly cannot believe I need to point all of this out to you. Unless you are winding me up, of course. People can be too liberal, you know.

It isn't that long ago that there were NO gays in Sunderland. Well, there were but they weren't conspicuous, so I get where the festival is coming from. It's Sunderland catching up. I assume the marches attract the more flamboyant and I still don't see the problem. Have you seen how people dress nowadays?

The Pride thing has to seen in the historical context as well. Gays were on the same social level as pakistanis in the 70s.

It's great us heteros accept a load of gays mincing down the high street, it really is no big deal any longer. You LGBT lot will just have to deal with it.

can't believe people are getting so anal about this.

hard to believe i'm an adult with cracking on with shite jokes like that
:lol::lol::lol:

Belter of a post that.

Stop sucking up to him.

Is the purpose of these pride events to reinforce stereotypes about gay people?
apparently.

Last edited:
Drag queens - I don't get it.
Don't give up - keep trying.

I was merely letting of some steam with some light-hearted Pride-based banter.

You puff.

Logon or register to see this image

God created Adam and Eve.
Do you really adam and eve that?

There used to be a lesbo bar here that would only let men in for two or three hours a day, and then only if accompanied.

Closed now unfortunately, and been turned into a frigging gay bar instead.
Lesbians frigging would indeed be more interesting - the feminine types of course not the git butch ones.

Last edited:
1.33 Steve Bruce in a black t shirt

I would never hold hands with my gf in Sunderland thou I might in Newcastle. If Pride takes away the shock value by being over the top and down your throat then it has done its job.

I totally agree with equal rights for lesbians on this forum.

So you know the rules, no mentioning your lass without pics please.....

Girls know where girls bits are. Apparently us men don't have a clue about the female anatomy if you read what some lezzas say.

Bollocks to that, just get on with it girls and I'll watch and learn. ;)
No lass can ever accuse me of being shit at sex... I cum every time I do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thjink you have to put Pride in an historical context.. The Stonewall Riots , the gay community finding a voice at the height of the Aids epidemic, the whole imperative for visibility.
Now it seems a largely commercial event and it's time is past imho. However a few years back in Cadiz in the big annual feria there was a float of heterosexual men(I guess) dressed up as representations of different shapes and sizes of penis. Short fat hairy ones , long thin skinny ones, some circumcised and others with large foreskins. The Spanish including women and children, teenagers and grandparents cracked themselves up. There is something very different in how cultures view overt displays of anything sexual. The Spanish celebrate- here it becomes a thread with polarised opinions.
Live and let live.

1.33 Steve Bruce in a black t shirt

I totally agree with equal rights for lesbians on this forum.

So you know the rules, no mentioning your lass without pics please.....

No lass can ever accuse me of being shit at sex... I cum every time I do it.
Only ones I have are naked pics, so they will fall foul of the rules on here. Soz mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back