Sunderland to Edinburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd drive and seeing though there's a new tram and I've never used the park and ride, I'd ask the opinion of people that a) had done similar or b) lived there. 12k people on this board. far more useful than generic google searches.

Kingston then....near London.
Near Kingston near london

Train. Think about getting a "Two together" card. It's 30 quid and you might not get it all back on this trip, but you have it for a year. I'm just back from Sunderland. Original price for three adults (one with a student railcard) was just under 135 on Trainline. With the two together card, and booking direct with East Coast, it brought the price down to 77. Even adding on the 30 for the extra railcard, it's still a lot cheaper.

£35 return each

07:43 up
21:00 back down

long day like

Two together rail card was £12 more but you will get that if u were to travel again

Last edited:
The A697 through Coldstream is probably faster and more interesting than the A1 these days, thanks to the amount of artics that infest the road. I go to Edinburgh weekly and it's the route I take.

Do the opposite trip to get down to the occasional game, would say train, makes it more of a day out

Right then. Fancying a blast up to Edinburgh on Monday with my missus (she has never been to Scotland) and can't decide whether to get the train or drive. Looking at the travelling time, I cant imagine there is a lot in it, and as for the costs well we are looking at a return for around 80 quid for the 2 of us, which i suppose is a little bit more expensive than the cost in petrol even though this isn't an issue.
My question is, if we drive what is it like to park up there? Should we use the park and ride or try and park somewhere near the centre? Fancy a blast up the A1 on the way then a nice leisurely drive back down the A68 on the way back on the evening.
Any advice anyone?

If you can I'd wait a week and catch some of the comedy festival. Great buzz about the place during the festival.

Town is already a bit mental like, think we're getting commonwealth games tourists as well.

Parking won't be an issue if you're not bothered about cost but I'd get the train and have a drink.

The train won. 7.43 up and coming back just after 6. Oh and Johnna im more than capable of working things, but there is a lot to be said for real world experience when there are numerous options.

By the way when is the truce officially over?

Loads of advice Spitty, remember that when you're slagging off lads and lasses who ask about aspects of a trip to London. You gluttonous Thatcherite twat.

Loads of advice Spitty, remember that when you're slagging off lads and lasses who ask about aspects of a trip to London. You gluttonous Thatcherite twat.

:lol::lol: All part of game Linus marra. Now can anyone tell me how to get a Metro ticket at 7 in the morning?

OP attention seeking cunt, bore off

Hmmmmm, and you are exactly?????????????????????????????

If you can I'd wait a week and catch some of the comedy festival. Great buzz about the place during the festival.

Town is already a bit mental like, think we're getting commonwealth games tourists as well.

Parking won't be an issue if you're not bothered about cost but I'd get the train and have a drink.

It cant wait a week mate. Back up home for a long weekend, so am going to have day up in Edinburgh. Any recommendations to get a nice bite to eat when i'm up there?

A1 is single lane and littered with speed cameras. I'd go Jedburgh on the way there and Coldstream on the way back.

Jedburgh & Coldstream roads are ALSO littered with speed cameras - so take it easy.
In the defence of the A1 - a fair bit of the older bottle necks are now dual carriageway - Dunbar for instance.
6 & two 3's for all three options in my opinion.

:lol::lol: All part of game Linus marra. Now can anyone tell me how to get a Metro ticket at 7 in the morning?

Hmmmmm, and you are exactly?????????????????????????????

It cant wait a week mate. Back up home for a long weekend, so am going to have day up in Edinburgh. Any recommendations to get a nice bite to eat when i'm up there?
Mussel and Steak Bar.

Mussel and Steak Bar.
EDIT : SEB. @Typhoonftm wanker!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back