Sunderland, Villa, Bournemouth odds to stay up don't make sense

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do happen to think we are value to stay up but trust me there is no bookmaker agenda against us. Their odds are purely driven by money. A decent wedge of cash placed on it seems that price drop dramatically.

If you are that confident get a chunk on it.
Right, my question about no respect was directed at all the punters ...
Don't they realize how much they would have if they placed a quid on us to stay up the first year of our run in the Premier League and parlayed the winnings in a series of 9 years?

Usually, the odds align with the league table, and adjusts fairly quickly, in real time.
We are currently 18th, but last in the "odds table".
This isn't a post about betting per se, but the overall disrespect shown to Sunderland.
Probably due to the fixture list? We've played a lot of the 'easier' games

I lumped on Bournemouth to finish bottom at 6-1 a few weeks back, presume that's come in a bit

Sunderland to stay up as rewarding as 5/2 (improved in the bookies' eyes from 3-1 a few weeks back).
Bournemouth essentially even odds.
Ditto odds comparisons with the disarray at Villa and the landfill.
Betting Sunderland to stay up and any one of the other 3 to go down must be free money?

sadly no such thing

Probably due to the fixture list? We've played a lot of the 'easier' games
Good point.
However, given the known mental fragility of the mags and the depth wise fragility of Bournemouth, my gut instincts says odds to stay up should be 2X ours for those two. Think too many punters are skewed by the media bias against SAFC.

Bournemouth have the two worst keepers in the league meaning when goals for are at such a premium it is so much harder with a keeper that will let slip goals against

Sunderland to stay up as rewarding as 5/2 (improved in the bookies' eyes from 3-1 a few weeks back).
Bournemouth essentially even odds.
Ditto odds comparisons with the disarray at Villa and the landfill.
Betting Sunderland to stay up and any one of the other 3 to go down must be free money?
If bookies odds don't add up punters should take them to the cleaners.

Usually, the odds align with the league table, and adjusts fairly quickly, in real time.
We are currently 18th, but last in the "odds table".
This isn't a post about betting per se, but the overall disrespect shown to Sunderland.
Nothing to do with disrespect. It is about bookies making money based on the weight of cash likely to be placed on the outcomes.

Anyone non-SAFC who dares to think we are improving has the information from the media that we will get nothing in December as we face Barcelona, Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool - all away, and are truly awful - with false wins only to date. Apparently the Watford game is off. Add to that that Villa are too big and Newcastle too expensive to go down, then the current odds (coupled to past bets when things looked worse) start to make sense, still don't undertsand why Bournemouth are rated twice as likley to stay up as us though.

It's not disrespect at all, it's where the money has been and currently is.

We're generally overpriced every week though, Palace have never been as low as they were odds wise last Monday night in the Premier League since 2004 apparently. Swansea have never been as low as they were away from home ever in the Premier League, same with Southampton. Without looking I'd dare bet we're decent long odds tomorrow with Stoke being favourite.
I would make stoke favourites tommorow and i would have had palace at short idds to win last monday ? I dont get your point , we are crap have been hanging on by the skin of our teeth for years , we ahve won two matches this season both of em we got lucky , lets not be getting ahead of ourselves , one flukey goal against palace doesnt mean we are going on a run . I expect us to be bottom 3 until after xmas , i see no value at all in taking 3/1 on us to stay up atm.

Man United have got some shocking stats this season. It might be worth putting a bet on Vardy and Leicester?

I would make stoke favourites tommorow and i would have had palace at short idds to win last monday ? I dont get your point , we are crap have been hanging on by the skin of our teeth for years , we ahve won two matches this season both of em we got lucky , lets not be getting ahead of ourselves , one flukey goal against palace doesnt mean we are going on a run . I expect us to be bottom 3 until after xmas , i see no value at all in taking 3/1 on us to stay up atm.

The odds don't match up, we are longer than we should be every match. I'm not saying we should be favourites but Swansea being evens was too short, Southmapton being around 3/4 was way too short, Palace being around 6/10 at very highest was way too short. They're at home to the Mags today and for some reason are around the 3/4 mark despite Newcastle being every bit as bad as us. Bournemouth were as short as around 6/11 when they played us at home, yet were 6/5 when they played Newcastle.

Certain teams odds don't reflect the true picture, Liverpool are always a shorter price than they should be, Charlton are always longer than they should be, generally so are we. Again the odds are wrong for us to stay up if they are a lot longer than an inexperience Bournemouth side who have quite a few of their big signings and best players out injured for long periods of time this season.

Hold press. Oddschecker screen all blank for the "to stay up" bets. (First time I've seen this).
Me thinks punters are piling on the way too generous odds on Sunderland, and abandoning Villa and the mags.
Will report later whether we get more respect than Bournemouth.

2:1 latest odds (for Sunderland to stay up) improvement from 3:1 and then 5:2 a few months back.
Vox populi :)

Laughing at the (then) Villa odds to stay up when we were "dissed" by the "populi" at 3:1.
Villa is now where they should have been then, 9:1 to stay up.

My gut tells me that odds for Sunderland to stay up (reflecting the strengths and character of this club) should be 1:2,
but there are too many ignorant bettors our there...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back