SYRIZA WIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have no debts, I rent. I pay for what utilities I use and that is all.

A debt is like a loan or a mortgage. In effect anything that makes you a slave to the Government and the banks is a debt.

Fair enough. That's your view so it is what it is.

For me though you are a slave to the rental market or some private landlord who is getting rich. As everyone needs somewhere to live and in reality the end result of me not paying my mortgage debt or you not paying your rent is the same...

But at least in 25 my debt will be paid and I will no longer be a slave.

Just my interpretation on it.

For me though you are a slave to the rental market or some private landlord who is getting rich. As everyone needs somewhere to live and in reality the end result of me not paying my mortgage debt or you not paying your rent is the same...

I'll buy that interpretation Monkey,sounds good sense to me .

Back to Greece, looks like Alexis wants to kick the can down the road and based on the mandate his party got and the debt to GDP ratio,he might ease things.

You will see a nice little 'run' of funds out of Greece, would you leave your moolah in a Greek Bank:eek:.

European Finance Ministers meeting in Brussels today were non committal , what will happen is that Greece will back down a bit, the Troika will back down a bit and the debt will be strung out into the far future probably linked to Greece's balance of payments.

What Greece needs to do is sort out it's appalling record of deception and trickery and is Alexis the lad to achieve this....uuuhhhhmmm:lol:

LOL

Meant to say 25 years.

I didn't start the term slave. To me that's dramatic I just used it as it was the term on this thread.

But sentiment stands. In 25 years I'll have paid off my mortgage. The rent will always be there never diminishing

Meant to say 25 years.

I didn't start the term slave. To me that's dramatic I just used it as it was the term on this thread.

But sentiment stands. In 25 years I'll have paid off my mortgage. The rent will always be there never diminishing
I knew what you meant and I hope you do. Most move to bigger houses etc. What ever money you have in it, the man gets it back in the end one way or another.

The use of credit cards should be banned universally overnight too. No more credit cards = less risk of misery for the common man, and less dosh for the immoral.

Fcuk off back to the stone age Spit, you are one ignorant individual.

Just because a certain bloc of goons can't handle credit cards you want to ban them.

Would you ever rev. up and fcuck off buddy:D

so to sum up Greece is in the shit because goldman sachs happened?

No, Goldman Sachs are just part of the problem. Ultimately Greece is in the shit from years of political incompetence from both within Greece and from within Brussels. Couple that with external financial meddling from GS and bone idle citizens, it was never going to end well.

so to sum up Greece is in the shit because goldman sachs happened?
If a dodgy IFA recommends someone sign off on a self-certified mortgage to overstate their earnings in order to secure a larger loan than they cabntruly afford *wink wink, nudge nudge say no more*, who is to blame, the person borrowing the money, or the IFA who is allegedly duty (and now legally) bound to offer professional advice?

If a dodgy IFA recommends someone sign off on a self-certified mortgage to overstate their earnings in order to secure a larger loan than they cabntruly afford *wink wink, nudge nudge say no more*, who is to blame, the person borrowing the money, or the IFA who is allegedly duty (and now legally) bound to offer professional advice?
Do those rules still apply when the borrower is deemed not to be an 'amateur' like, say, if the borrower is a sovereign government?

the ifa. but how is that related to Greece and goldman sachs?

you're right, it isn't news. I just am always amazed that everyone sees it is poor old Greece. They hired GS and blatantly lied to join the EU. On top of that they keep forgetting to collect their taxes and pay what they owe. I'm not for a second saying the GS deal doesn't look dodgy looking in but for them it's just switching liabilities around. Very simple task and they charge a decenmt ransom for use of their balance sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back