T5 today

Status
Not open for further replies.
And a good airline. BA get a lot of abuse but always been treated well by them. Never lost a bag, had the odd cancellation or long delay but been dealt with efficiently.
I have no idea why BA get shit. I've flown with them for 20 years all over the world and never a single problem.

What an absolute shambles. Landed with over an hour and half to catch my flight up to Newcastle. Guess what? I missed it.:evil:
That security system they have in place is a total joke. A British citizen having to go through all that shite in order to catch a connecting flight home is a joke.

Given a choice I would never ever go through Heathrow again.

Rant over.
Sounds like you've had a bad day Big Duke, hope you've managed to find an alternative flight tonight.

Came back from New York last week and it was a shambles. Got a connecting flight a T5 and had to go through the whole security search again. It didn't make sense since getting the whole security search done in New York and never crossing from air side to land side. I couldn't see why we had to be searched again. Queue was huge and people where having to jump to front if queue to catch connecting flights.

Came back from New York last week and it was a shambles. Got a connecting flight a T5 and had to go through the whole security search again. It didn't make sense since getting the whole security search done in New York and never crossing from air side to land side. I couldn't see why we had to be searched again. Queue was huge and people where having to jump to front if queue to catch connecting flights.
This is the bit that makes no sense to me either.

You get searched in New York. Full search. Body scan everything which should happen as you pass through an airport.
When you catch a connecting flight in a different country you don't cross customs line. There is no possible way of picking anything else up.
If you left the secure part of the airport ( air side) to the place the public can go ( land side). Well fair enough. You warrant another full search but you are always in a secure area. So after first search in theory you really shouldn't needed searched again.

What an absolute shambles. Landed with over an hour and half to catch my flight up to Newcastle. Guess what? I missed it.:evil:
That security system they have in place is a total joke. A British citizen having to go through all that shite in order to catch a connecting flight home is a joke.

Given a choice I would never ever go through Heathrow again.

Rant over.
Terminal 2 is the future!

Only been through T5 twice (Newcastle to San Francisco and back) and no trouble either time. Though a bit of a hairy landing into Heathrow on the way back as it was when those high winds were kicking about. Saw the news footage in the terminal of that plane in Germany that seemed to land sideways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back