Taking your kids out of school for holidays

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't take a genius to see the difference between the two.. When teachers are out for the day all the kids are out too and no lessons take place.. when 1 kid is away for 2 weeks the lessons still go on and that 1 kid misses 2 weeks worth of lessons - it is impossible for the teacher/school to catch that 1 kid up on everything they missed.

How is your wife getting out of term time?

She works part time

She taking books with her to mark though, lol

We've done the same to go in may this yr. Head had verbally agreed it just before rule changes, but i put written request in after rules changed.

she rang me and basically said if the request stated it was for a family celebration she would happily authorise it and that she still had some "circumstances" where it could be authorised still. Not sure how right that is, but she gave us a letter saying it was ok

don't see a problem with it tbh if parents are sensible. We always make sure they catch up at home & the head has asked them to do a little project on florida to show her when they come back which is good imo. The ones that take the piss with absence & sickness still will

At end of day mate, if I have to pay a fine then I will although I personnally think the previous 10 day rule was sensible..provided obviously you did not abuse that or take kids out at exam time. As long as holidays cost a premium in school time this issue will not go away.

Reactions: Gaz
Stupid rule, it should be at the discretion of the school. Gove introduced it to manufacture consent for changing school term dates.

Well mine are getting a day out on the last day before half term in May. Family wedding on the saturday...

have to snap a stranger getting married in st lucia..

My kids are going to be ill, for four days in May, if the local authority want to fine me they can see me in court.

It's the parents who take their kids away at the beginning of the school year who are the real problem. That's when the teachers outline the years work, set the standards for behaviour and when friendship groups are formed. A kid who misses this important time might never catch up with the group. Personally, I would boil in oil those parents who do this.

It's the parents who take their kids away at the beginning of the school year who are the real problem. That's when the teachers outline the years work, set the standards for behaviour and when friendship groups are formed. A kid who misses this important time might never catch up with the group. Personally, I would boil in oil those parents who do this.
And the parents who let the kids miss exams in May/June.

What should be stopped is holiday companies, tour operators etc, jacking prices up for the school holiday period. If they stopped this less people would be tempted to take them out outside of the holiday period.

Im as thick as a castle wall and I was nivver taken out of school to go on holiday. In fact we nivver went on holidays apart from a week at Seahouses or a week at my dads maras caravan up St John Chapels way. Once we went to Whitby for a week in a caravan but it rained solid for the first four days and nights so we came home early, happy days.

They just don't know how good they have it these days. Scarborough and Southport was the furthest we ever got.

What should be stopped is holiday companies, tour operators etc, jacking prices up for the school holiday period.

Give owa. This is what helps subsidise cheap deals outside of term time.

We have a lot of conti shift workers where I work. Personnel have issued a letter they can take to the school to say they have a fixed holiday which will, upon occasion, fall outside the school holidays. This is to excuse them from the fine. Fuck that! I say, fine them. Fine them all. If this years holiday from work falls in term time, don't go away. Simple. Since when has it been a God given right to have a fortnight in the sun? The dotees won't die if they go 20 months without visiting the Costas.

So still cheaper than the rip off travel agent prices. Just booked up for first week in september and it was £400 cheaper than the week before.

Will I fuck be handing over £360 like, I'll just tell them they're ill.

We have a lot of conti shift workers where I work. Personnel have issued a letter they can take to the school to say they have a fixed holiday which will, upon occasion, fall outside the school holidays. This is to excuse them from the fine. Fuck that! I say, fine them. Fine them all. If this years holiday from work falls in term time, don't go away. Simple. Since when has it been a God given right to have a fortnight in the sun? The dotees won't die if they go 20 months without visiting the Costas.

I like going on holiday, therefore I will.

The old system was fine, head teachers knew which parents pulled the piss and which parents were genuine. Then Gove comes along with a sledgehammer to crack a nut. Mr Gove brought this legislation in, any problems direct it to him.
Everything was fine until Michael Gove came along apparently, the big bad pantomime villain.
Don't know you'll have to ask them, but they can strike over whatever issue they choose as can others.
and in any normal company the effect of a strike is to damage the company's business, which will affect the employees undoubtedly in the future so it is self defeating. Doesn't work like that in the public sector however, go on strike, fuck up some kids education, then dont worry, you wont have to face the consequences later.

But, if I take the kids out of school for a couple of days, I am undermining their life chances and need to be fined. Oh but I forgot, that's all that wicked Michael Gove's fault, as is the fact loads of teachers are incapable of doing their jobs and controlling a class, all down to Gove that.....

Will I fuck be handing over £360 like, I'll just tell them they're ill.

I like going on holiday, therefore I will.
Not saying you should mate, it was more to say the travel agents and companies are the ones who need to be getting the finger pointed at them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back