Taste buds changing as you age

Mackemansj1

Striker
Turned the ripe old age of 41 last month and I've noticed my tastes in foods has changed over the past few years. Now some of that will have been chemo that fucks with your taste buds but I definitely think my tastes have changed quite drastically as I've gotten more mature 😂

Any foods you once hated or disliked you grew to love. I hated Jaffa cakes and Turkish delight all my life but leave a packet of Jaffa cakes around me now they ain't seeing the day out.

I think your taste buds get weaker as you age, which might explain why kids are fussier eaters than adults, generally. I'm definitely more tolerant of tastes I struggled with as a child. Perhaps you also get a bit bored of eating the same things so become more adventurous as you age, too.

Turned the ripe old age of 41 last month and I've noticed my tastes in foods has changed over the past few years. Now some of that will have been chemo that fucks with your taste buds but I definitely think my tastes have changed quite drastically as I've gotten more mature 😂

Any foods you once hated or disliked you grew to love. I hated Jaffa cakes and Turkish delight all my life but leave a packet of Jaffa cakes around me now they ain't seeing the day out.

Not for me like.

When i was a bairn i didnt like some stuff but since the ago of about 12 I'll happily eat owt.

I've gone the opposite way, in that there's a few things I used to like when I was a bairn but now don't.

I started loving olives randomly when I hit 30. Tried them loads of times when I was younger and they never did anything for me. Anchovies the same, I just eat them straight out the jar or on toast, I remember eating one for a dare when I was a kid and nearly spewing, now I must go through a jar a week

I can’t get away with sickly sweet stuff anymore either. If I have chocolate it’ll be dark chocolate or fruit and nut. When I was younger I used to hear adults say stuff was too sweet and I’d think they were just being ridiculous but I get it now, something being too sweet is really unpleasant in the mouth

When my mum was in a care home the nursing staff said the residents slowly suck paracetamol which i find is a horrible taste. Apparently they lose their sense of taste.

Shite result yesterday Tony

It's interesting watching children tastes change. 11year old was super fussy for ages. Still is to some extent but grabbed my coffee today out of the blue and drank most of it. Never had anything other than various juices since he was a baby. Nothing remotely like a coffee.

Back