Team v Stoke (Cup)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pants
Jones. O`Shea Coates PVA (shocking no cover for him).
Bridcutt Larrson
Buckley Gomez/Alvarez. Mavrias.
Mandron

A winnable game - depends if we are serious about the competition or not this season. Making wholesale changes rarely works as the players may well be up for taking their chance, but they simply won't have played together enough to make the transition overnight into a well oiled outfit. I appreciate the current "1st XL" are hardly setting the world on fire but they are the first xl for a reason.

Getting beaten playing a much changed team and putting on another abject performance in terms of entertainment is not going to be much good for anyone's morale at the club is it? Play a decent side and make 3 or 4 changes max I say.

A winnable game - depends if we are serious about the competition or not this season. Making wholesale changes rarely works as the players may well be up for taking their chance, but they simply won't have played together enough to make the transition overnight into a well oiled outfit. I appreciate the current "1st XL" are hardly setting the world on fire but they are the first xl for a reason.

Getting beaten playing a much changed team and putting on another abject performance in terms of entertainment is not going to be much good for anyone's morale at the club is it? Play a decent side and make 3 or 4 changes max I say.
agreed pantilimon coates jones and alvarez maybe keep the rest the same

I think we'll see the 6 changes Poyet mentioned he could have made on Saturday;

Pantilimon

Jones Vergini O'Shea van Aanholt

Bridcutt

Buckley Rodwell Gomez Alvarez

Wickham
Mannone, Brown, Cattermole, Larsson, Johnson, Giaccherini, Fletcher (?)

We must start creating competition for places.
Pantilimon
Jones
O'Shea
Coates
Van Aanholt
Bridcutt
Buckley
Rodwell
Gomez
Alvarez
Altidore

I think we'll see the 6 changes Poyet mentioned he could have made on Saturday;

Pantilimon

Jones Vergini O'Shea van Aanholt

Bridcutt

Buckley Rodwell Gomez Alvarez

Wickham
Mannone, Brown, Cattermole, Larsson, Johnson, Giaccherini, Fletcher (?)

We must start creating competition for places.
Birdcutt!! you are having a laugh aren't you?

--------Pantilimon---------
Jones Vergini Coates PvA
---------Bridcutt------------
---Giaccherini Gomez-----
Buckley------------Johnson
----------Altidore-----------

That is assuming Giaccherini is fit and Coates is up to speed. Also assuming Fletcher and Alvarez aren't fit (or I'd start with them)

Why would it be a nightmare?

Not difficult - losing Wickham would mean we were left with Altidore or Fletcher.

Wickham's only played two games in his effective position up front. He's not netted in those games. I've not seen anything but the highlights of the Burnley one, but he looked a lot more dangerous against Spurs than Fletcher did in the previous 3.

I'd like Poyet to play the team that he feels is his strongest and is his first choice XI at the moment. We've not really got going this season and swapping in fringe players isn't going to help that.
no problem with pantilimon coates jones and Gomez playing but that's all the changes id make he will play bridcutt and jozy though I reckon

Pantillimon

Jones
Vergini
Coates
PVA

Bridcutt

Buckley
Larsson
Gomez
Alvarez

Wickham

Gus has said both Giaccherini and Fletcher are out as is Brown. Larsson also likely to be rested. I think he'll play:
Pantillimon
Jones
Coates
O'Shea
Van Aanholt
Bridcutt
Gomez
Rodwell
Johnson
Alvarez
Wickham

Pantilimon

Jones Coates Oshea van Aanholt

Bridcutt

Larsson Gomez

Giacc Alvarez

Wickham

Missed the out once

Pantilimon
Jones Vergini Coates PvA
Cattermole Bridcutt
Buckley Gomez Alverez
Jozy
Mannone, O'Shea, Brown, Rodwell (On - 60th ish) , AJ (On - when Alverez gets tired) , Graham (On - 70th ish) , Wickham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back