Techy question re possible virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tex

Striker
This happened to me several years ago, not sure how I fixed it ...

Old desktop - when I click on internet explorer it fires up for a couple of seconds then closes. Ran two anti virus thingies. One claimed to quarantine several adwares, the other requires Internet access to run its cleanup.

Anyone know a solution besides the predictable FTF? Ta!

Sister had a similar problem . Go to add/remove programs in your control panel. Google anything you don't recognise. You will probably find some piece of shit shovelware is the cause.

Have you tried restoring your computer to an older version of whichever type of Windows you have? You can do it from Safe Mode.

Whenever I've had a problem similar to the OP, it has been fixed by restoring an older version [usually after I'd tried everything else].

Aye, after everything else it's usually due to an update or something. Best to eliminate virii first though, sneaky wee bastids.

If the System Restore etc doesn't work you could just back up your data and reinstall the OS and your non-Windows apps, bit of a fuck on but it will definitely get rid of the problem and you're back to a clean slate in terms of malware/viruses. Then first thing you do when you get back online is sort out your virus protection. And install more than one browser, another might work when IE doesn't.

Bloody Hell.

Safe mode with networking > download, install and update malwarebytes > full scan.

Before you start uninstalling the operating system. :lol:

But aye, IE is shit.

Dont roll back windows until youve spent all resources getting rid. Start in safe mode first. Preferably without networking to stop anything communicating out. Scan with malwarebytes. Anything else that malwarebytes does not find, search in google to places like techforums or geeksquad forums stuff like that. They usually have a catalogue of virus' and methods for getting rid. Usually googling the symptoms will bring thesw forums up. Do exactly as they say as they know their stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back