That Dyche fella

Status
Not open for further replies.

The arrogance of this kind of comment...

Getting relegated with that Burnley side is a massive failure, is it?

5 points shy of survival, with next to no money to spend, they barely ever got hammered by any side, scrapped for every point, if Dyche kept them up then he'd be close to manager of the season, what a shallow criticism to make of him.

Dyche has done an amazing job there.

He got that with a team much inferior to any side in the league, he equalled the amount of wins we got with players on huge wages comparatively and with a squad full of players who cost barely anything.
also, he had Danny ings who is head and shoulders above any strikers we have. he still couldn't keep them up.
FWIW - 2 of those wins came when they were already relegated

Being honest though what do you actually know about the man, his beliefs and his methods?
nothing. I will judge him on his managerial record much like every manager is judged.

also, he had Danny ings who is head and shoulders above any strikers we have. he still couldn't keep them up.
FWIW - 2 of those wins came when they were already relegated

nothing. I will judge him on his managerial record much like every manager is judged.
So what? He kept them playing for pride in their last 3 games, they took 7 points from their last 3, they effectively relegated Hull.

They have a wage ceiling of 20k a week at that club, you don't think what he's done is impressive?

not sure if you are aware, but I'm not actually Huw Jenkins.

Not quite sure what your point is marra. In my opinion it's possible to analyse someone's track record set against the resources they had at their disposal. The remit for Dyche last season was to attempt to keep Burnley up on a minimal spend and a salary cap of £20k/week.....yes, they've gone down but financially the club actually benefitted hugely from the PL money. That leaves a stain on Dyche's CV on the face of it but I think any reasonable person would think he did an excellent job with the resources at his disposal. IF he came here he would have access to greater resources and far better facilities and the possibility of working with players able to command 3x the salary of those he's previously worked with.

Not quite sure what your point is marra. In my opinion it's possible to analyse someone's track record set against the resources they had at their disposal. The remit for Dyche last season was to attempt to keep Burnley up on a minimal spend and a salary cap of £20k/week.....yes, they've gone down but financially the club actually benefitted hugely from the PL money. That leaves a stain on Dyche's CV on the face of it but I think any reasonable person would think he did an excellent job with the resources at his disposal. IF he came here he would have access to greater resources and far better facilities and the possibility of working with players able to command 3x the salary of those he's previously worked with.
Burnley started out as massive favourites to go down, they kept up the fight right up until 3 games to go, and even then they won that game, and they took 4 points from the next two, the level of commitment and desire they showed is inspiring, all down to Dyche's methods.

so he managed a team of plucky losers who still got relegated. ok, fair enough and well done to him but I don't see how that qualifies him to be our manager

How about the fact that he understands the need for a good set up and a well organised committed squad, and was no more than a win and two draws behind us with a transfer spend of less than half of what we spent on Jack Rodwell and a maximum wage of 20 grand a week?

That's not to say he's the right man for the job - he's never proved he can spend money when he has it to take a team forward - but it's not as stupid an idea as you're making out.

So what? He kept them playing for pride in their last 3 games, they took 7 points from their last 3, they effectively relegated Hull.

They have a wage ceiling of 20k a week at that club, you don't think what he's done is impressive?

As Lord Alfred just suggested they've made a hell of a lot more than us this season.

They'll sell a couple of players for big money, buy well again and probably come up again next season.

He obviously works on work rate and fitness....
Sky just had end of season stats up for players....the top three players for miles covered in a season were all Burnley

As Lord Alfred just suggested they've made a hell of a lot more than us this season.

They'll sell a couple of players for big money, buy well again and probably come up again next season.
With Dyche managing them, they'll be right up there in the fight for promotion. Although I'd love if he joined us. Dyche In!

Sky just had end of season stats up for players....the top three players for miles covered in a season were all Burnley
When you've not got the quality in the squad, you need to work on things like this. He's got them promoted by focusing on things like this, getting them to play above their natural level, arguably. He's a superb manager.

His tactical thoughts on how the Premiership differs from the football league when they came up:

"...We know the ball stays in play longer, which adds to the physicality. So players cover more ground. We know there are technically more sound players and talented ones in the teams we have certainly faced so far. There’s a tactical framework to teams that differs.”

With Dyche managing them, they'll be right up there in the fight for promotion. Although I'd love if he joined us. Dyche In!

When you've not got the quality in the squad, you need to work on things like this. He's got them promoted by focusing on things like this, getting them to play above their natural level, arguably. He's a superb manager.

I'm starting to warm to the idea....

There is no doubt that Dyche has done well to get Burnley up and keep them competitive for the most part. I'm not sure that it qualifies him to manage our club. That's all.

We need PL experience. His only experience was taking Burnley back down and going on a run of games without scoring.

Not saying he is incapable of doing a decent job, time itself would only tell but based on what we have seen I would put him towards the bottom of the list.

The stats that people are coming up with:
Working within a tight budget
Low wages
Playing with pride
Good work rate and fitness
Experience of getting promotion
Experience of relegation
Creating a team that is greater than the sum of its parts....

You could be taking about Mick McCarthy

There is no doubt that Dyche has done well to get Burnley up and keep them competitive for the most part. I'm not sure that it qualifies him to manage our club. That's all.

We need PL experience. His only experience was taking Burnley back down and going on a run of games without scoring.

Not saying he is incapable of doing a decent job, time itself would only tell but based on what we have seen I would put him towards the bottom of the list.

The stats that people are coming up with:
Working within a tight budget
Low wages
Playing with pride
Good work rate and fitness
Experience of getting promotion
Experience of relegation
Creating a team that is greater than the sum of its parts....

You could be taking about Mick McCarthy
Mate, look at the context.

'Taking Burnley back down and going on a run of games without scoring'

They were absolutely nailed on to get relegated from the start, they had no money to spend, 20k wage cap. BUT he got them to within 5 points of survival, playing positive football, beating Man City. I don't think you give him nearly enough credit. If he'd kept them up then he'd be praised universally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back