That Dyche fella

Status
Not open for further replies.
On that basis how would you view the appointment of Clement?

The complete opposite to what we should be doing, which is bringing someone in who has been there and done it. Until we have actual foundations in place for a younger manager to come in and take over down the line we shouldn't be considering anyone that hasn't got some pedigree at this level, IMO.

Mate, look at the context.

'Taking Burnley back down and going on a run of games without scoring'

They were absolutely nailed on to get relegated from the start, they had no money to spend, 20k wage cap. BUT he got them to within 5 points of survival, playing positive football, beating Man City. I don't think you give him nearly enough credit. If he'd kept them up then he'd be praised universally.
ill give him credit for a job (nearly) well done. I don't want him to manage sunderland. I dint think he has shown enough yet. maybe if he had kept them up for a couple of seasons id be more inclined to see him here but I think its too soon to judge him after one season in the PL where they finished 2nd bottom. if we base the appointment on exceeding expectations then there is surely an argument for appointing Pearson ...

There is no doubt that Dyche has done well to get Burnley up and keep them competitive for the most part. I'm not sure that it qualifies him to manage our club. That's all.

We need PL experience. His only experience was taking Burnley back down and going on a run of games without scoring.

Not saying he is incapable of doing a decent job, time itself would only tell but based on what we have seen I would put him towards the bottom of the list.

The stats that people are coming up with:
Working within a tight budget
Low wages
Playing with pride
Good work rate and fitness
Experience of getting promotion
Experience of relegation
Creating a team that is greater than the sum of its parts....

You could be taking about Mick McCarthy

Or early era Peter Reid

ill give him credit for a job (nearly) well done. I don't want him to manage sunderland. I dint think he has shown enough yet. maybe if he had kept them up for a couple of seasons id be more inclined to see him here but I think its too soon to judge him after one season in the PL where they finished 2nd bottom. if we base the appointment on exceeding expectations then there is surely an argument for appointing Pearson ...
Nearly well done? Honestly, you just have no idea how hard it would be for any manager to keep Burnley up, let alone keeping them off the bottom of the table.

The problem with any less experienced manager is dropping them into the lion's den of a dressing room, where the players have more or less been allowed free reign for the vast part of three years and know we can't afford to replace them. No respect, no fear for their places.

I don't see much difference between Burnley and Leicester to be honest.
:lol:

Leicester signed Kramaric for 9 million in January, a player who barely played much of a part in their survival, that is more than Burnley spent on players last summer. You cannot be serious here, man. Do some research.

The problem with any less experienced manager is dropping them into the lion's den of a dressing room, where the players have more or less been allowed free reign for the vast part of three years and know we can't afford to replace them. No respect, no fear for their places.

They seemed to respect Advocaat.

They seemed to respect Advocaat.

They did, because he's taken on and won against some of the biggest footballing egos in the world. The bottom line is there's a clique of bullies in that dressing room and they react exactly as bullies do when someone with bollocks stands up to them. If we appoint another inexperienced bloke they'll be up to their old tricks before you know it.

They did, because he's taken on and won against some of the biggest footballing egos in the world. The bottom line is there's a clique of bullies in that dressing room and they react exactly as bullies do when someone with bollocks stands up to them. If we appoint another inexperienced bloke they'll be up to their old tricks before you know it.
Dyche demands respect, demands heart, demands passion, demands 100%. He'll sort out the inflated egos in no time.

I don't see much difference between Burnley and Leicester to be honest.
A lot of money for starters, Leicester have spent some and Burnley haven't. The Burnley board probably realise their place is in the championship and don't want to prejudice their future by spending more than they have.

Dyche has done an excellent job imho

Dyche demands respect, demands heart, demands passion, demands 100%. He'll sort out the inflated egos in no time.

So did Di Canio. The players will always force the choice if they think they can win. They had no chance with Advocaat.

So did Di Canio. The players will always force the choice if they think they can win. They had no chance with Advocaat.
Di Canio is a shit manager. And he doesn't demand anything but the stroking of his delicate ego.

A lot of money for starters, Leicester have spent some and Burnley haven't. The Burnley board probably realise their place is in the championship and don't want to prejudice their future by spending more than they have.

Dyche has done an excellent job imho

They did what they had to do this season. Their turnover in the year to June 2014 was £20 million. Their Sky prize money alone this season will have been between 60 and 70 million.

Personally I think the best thing for Dyche will be to show people what he can do with Burnley now they are financially better off. It will be a far better indicator of whether he could take on a job at a bigger club.

The arrogance of this kind of comment...

Getting relegated with that Burnley side is a massive failure, is it?

5 points shy of survival, with next to no money to spend, they barely ever got hammered by any side, scrapped for every point, if Dyche kept them up then he'd be close to manager of the season, what a shallow criticism to make of him.

Dyche has done an amazing job there.

He got that with a team much inferior to any side in the league, he equalled the amount of wins we got with players on huge wages comparatively and with a squad full of players who cost barely anything.
Spot on that mate.

Would much prefer Dyche than the Serbian lad (ex-Watford manager) or Clement. Even more than likes of Allerdyce or McLaren.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back