Thatcher and the IRA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canny.

The sight of her striding out on that conference platform in Brighton hours after the IRA tried to murder her and countless others is magnificent.
One mans joy is another's tradgedy.

I couldn't for one moment condone the Provos bombing campaign. Plenty of innocent victims and wasted lives.
But feck me, I wish they had done her in then.

Canny.

The sight of her striding out on that conference platform in Brighton hours after the IRA tried to murder her and countless others is magnificent.

Wish they'd succeeded

They were striking at the heart of our democracy, whatever your political leanings. And she showed she wouldn't be cowed by the bastards.

What did you expect her to do? Hide in the loft? It wasn't like she was in immediate danger straight after was it?

The IRA would have had no remorse or hesitation in bombing a pub you, me or anyone else in the mainland UK were in. Never forget that.

Correct. But what's that got to do with it?

we were unlucky, but remember we only have to be lucky onceyou will have to be lucky always

Quite chilling really

Not as chilling as the blood that ran through the bitch

Correct. But what's that got to do with it?

Not as chilling the blood that ran through the bitch
It just highlights what indiscriminate murdering bastards they were. So people encouraging them to get Thatcher means there's no distinction between us and her in their eyes. We were all targets. Plenty more innocent non politicians were murdered by them than politicians who were murdered in Brighton.

The IRA should be looked on with utter contempt and revulsion, not glorified for having targeted a controversial (and democratically elected) Prime Minister.

It just highlights what indiscriminate murdering bastards they were. So people encouraging them to get Thatcher means there's no distinction between us and her in their eyes. We were all targets. Plenty more innocent non politicians were murdered by them than politicians who were murdered in Brighton.

The IRA should be looked on with utter contempt and revulsion, not glorified for having targeted a controversial (and democratically elected) Prime Minister.

I hate them and her equally. So ideally they would have killed her then knocked it all the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back