The Chelsea's and Man City/Unt's and Liverpools of this world

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyTidemark

Midfield
Why don't they all fuck off and form a European league, with the other bassad billionaire clubs of their ilk, and leave the grass roots teams like, Stoke , Villa, Ourselves, Burnley, and the West Broms of this country to form our own Premiership league. I'm f***ing sick of their clubs and supporters lording it over the rest, just because they can afford the 6o, 70, 80 million pound signings, and we're left just to be cannon fodder for them. BASTAAAAARDS!,,,,,,,,,,,,,gripe owwa!

We regularly beat City, we beat Chelsea away last year

It's still 11 v 11

Why can't we win the league?

That's the way marra - positive thinking! I wanted Champions League qualification but you've convinced me - anything less than the title is a failure this year

f***ing Come On

But try and tell me ya' arse was not nipping like a prize oyster before any of them games!;)
Aye but we won them. And loved it

Imagining Sunderland assembling a squad of thirty million quid players and pissing the league every year, granted it would be mint at first, but it would lose something after a while

Winning in adversity is better

Aye but we won them. And loved it

Imagining Sunderland assembling a squad of thirty million quid players and pissing the league every year, granted it would be mint at first, but it would lose something after a while

Winning in adversity is better
What league are they in, can't remember travelling down there like.

Look at Atletico - they beat arguably the two strongest club sides in europe

It is possible
La Liga is not competitive all the way down. As long as Atleti can beat run of the mill most weeks, they only have to concentrate on winning against the top two, job done.

La Liga is not competitive all the way down. As long as Atleti can beat run of the mill most weeks, they only have to concentrate on winning against the top two, job done.

Basically what Arsenal do every season then only they fall down against the rest of the 'elite'

There isn't anything to say that in the future we couldn't compete. It's all about building solid foundations. Everything would take time, but who knows.

There isn't anything to say that in the future we couldn't compete. It's all about building solid foundations. Everything would take time, but who knows.
There is like.............theres only one way now to get the revenue streams those clubs have and that's a new owner who has gazillions to throw away..

And FFP prevents that..

We can do it mate. We are the Sunderland's. We just got a point from the West Brom's of the league and as chunkylover53 has mentioned, we beat the Chelsea's and City's last year.

I'm not saying it wouldn't be difficult, it would take a huge long term plan and required back up from management however, Everton are pushing the boundaries and they don't have the funds.

I'm not saying it wouldn't be difficult, it would take a huge long term plan and required back up from management however, Everton are pushing the boundaries and they don't have the funds.
No it would take loads of money and an owner prepared to hoy it away.....................

For all Evertons efforts they have finished in the top 4 once won nothing at all and are top 6/7 at best ...............

Its sad but the two 7th place finishes under Reid are as much as we can achieve now in this league..........

Look at Atletico - they beat arguably the two strongest club sides in europe

It is possible

Atletico have always been the 3rd biggest club in Spain, even when they got relegated. And they're of course based in the Spanish capital. So, incredible as last season's achievement was, it's not really something clubs like us can realistically aspire to.

Not having the best teams in the league would cheapen the league.

It'd be like winning the Championship. I've seen us do that four times already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back