The Chelsea's and Man City/Unt's and Liverpools of this world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atletico have always been the 3rd biggest club in Spain, even when they got relegated. And they're of course based in the Spanish capital. So, incredible as last season's achievement was, it's not really something clubs like us can realistically aspire to.
Really? I'd have thought it was Bilbao traditionally.

We will never win the PL. The heirachy of the PL wouldnt allow it....!!

They have 5 or 6 teams that sell the product. Heavens forbid if 2 or 3 teams broke the monopoly of the top 6.

Really? I'd have thought it was Bilbao traditionally.

More of a cup side. Atletico are the league's 3rd most successful club. And I believe they are the 3rd biggest supported (granted the figures for "support" can be argued, though I think they are comfortably 3rd in the TV money figures).

Though "always" was an exaggeration on my part. Obviously back in the 30's etc Bilbao were probably bigger.

They have 5 or 6 teams that sell the product. Heavens forbid if 2 or 3 teams broke the monopoly of the top 6.

Err, it's not all that long ago we were talking about a monopoly of the top 4. City weren't even in Europe.

Owt can happen.

No it would take loads of money and an owner prepared to hoy it away.....................

For all Evertons efforts they have finished in the top 4 once won nothing at all and are top 6/7 at best ...............

Its sad but the two 7th place finishes under Reid are as much as we can achieve now in this league..........
Makes it all a bit pointless when you think of it like that. We're simply making up the numbers.

Makes it all a bit pointless when you think of it like that. We're simply making up the numbers.
Indeed mate but we have been along with the other two thirds of the PL for years...............

For all the Sky crap at the start of every season the top teams are always and always will be the same...........

After one game this season the top 4 has a very familiar feel to it.........

Why don't they all fuck off and form a European league, with the other bassad billionaire clubs of their ilk, and leave the grass roots teams like, Stoke , Villa, Ourselves, Burnley, and the West Broms of this country to form our own Premiership league. I'm f***ing sick of their clubs and supporters lording it over the rest, just because they can afford the 6o, 70, 80 million pound signings, and we're left just to be cannon fodder for them. BASTAAAAARDS!,,,,,,,,,,,,,gripe owwa!

A bit wet this like.

That content of that article is pretty shocking tbh.

We should have done it!

... They were relegated in 2000 not long after their offices were raided in the infamous Caso Atletico. That eventually led to Gil's jail sentence of three-and-a-half years as well as punishments for Enrique Cerezo and Miguel Angel Gil Marin - who remain at the club. Following relegation, they simply stopped paying their taxes for two years. In that way they avoided around €46 million (£37.7m) worth as they expedited their escape from the Segunda Division.

Haven't read the rest of the thread but when people say 'Chelseas, Arsenals, Man Utds' does my tits right in. Why use the plural? What is the need for it?:evil::evil::evil: Almost as bad as 'TOP, TOP player' etc

Look at Atletico - they beat arguably the two strongest club sides in europe

It is possible

Still a world from where we are.

1997 - Vieri - £13m
2000 - Haiselbank - £14m
2000 -Juninho - £12m
2006 - Aguero £20m
2007 - Simao - £18m
2007 - Forlan - £18m
2011 - Falcao - £40m

More like Spurs. A club in the nations capital with good amount of money to spend.

1997 - Vieri - £13m
2000 - Haiselbank - £14m
2000 -Juninho - £12m
2006 - Aguero £20m
2007 - Simao - £18m
2007 - Forlan - £18m
2011 - Falcao - £40m

More like Spurs. A club in the nations capital with good amount of money to spend.
To be fair we could do that if we did it with the way they did by racking up monster debts and not paying taxes and players..............:lol:

1997 - Vieri - £13m
2000 - Haiselbank - £14m
2000 -Juninho - £12m
2006 - Aguero £20m
2007 - Simao - £18m
2007 - Forlan - £18m
2011 - Falcao - £40m

Did they actually pay for Falcao?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back