The Chelsea's and Man City/Unt's and Liverpools of this world

Status
Not open for further replies.

We should have done it!

... They were relegated in 2000 not long after their offices were raided in the infamous Caso Atletico. That eventually led to Gil's jail sentence of three-and-a-half years as well as punishments for Enrique Cerezo and Miguel Angel Gil Marin - who remain at the club. Following relegation, they simply stopped paying their taxes for two years. In that way they avoided around €46 million (£37.7m) worth as they expedited their escape from the Segunda Division.

Love the irony of this bit though:

Uli Hoeness, then president of Bayern Munich, expressed his frustration when referring to the EU bailout of Spain in 2012. "This is unthinkable," he said. "We pay hundreds of millions to get them out of the sh*t, and then the clubs don't pay their debts."

a man now serving three and half years for tax evasion:lol::lol::lol:

You know what, the prices in all Premier League clubs is getting ridiculous. I'll give a few examples say like the Chelsea's, the Man City's, the Arsenal's, the Liverpool's, the Swansea's, the Aston Villa's, the Hull's, the Spurs's, the Everton's, the Leicester's, the Sunderland's, the West Brom's, the Crystal Palace's, the Man Utd's, the Southampton's, the QPR's, the Stoke's, the West Ham's, the Burnley's, the Newcastle's.

And don't get me started on the players, like the Rooney's, the Komany's, the Toure's, the Messi's, the Ronaldo's... do you see what I'm doing?

Weren';t for that lot and we'd be down. Maybe the shit teams like Hull, Palace and West Ham - none of which we beat last season - should form their own league and give us a chnace

The green eyed monsters called us the Bank of England team in the 50's.
Everything that goes round comes round

Why don't they all fuck off and form a European league, with the other bassad billionaire clubs of their ilk, and leave the grass roots teams like, Stoke , Villa, Ourselves, Burnley, and the West Broms of this country to form our own Premiership league. I'm f***ing sick of their clubs and supporters lording it over the rest, just because they can afford the 6o, 70, 80 million pound signings, and we're left just to be cannon fodder for them. BASTAAAAARDS!,,,,,,,,,,,,,gripe owwa!
Freak!

We won't ever qualify for the champions league without being very lucky, it's virtually impossible and that's why the prem is a waste of time, everyone is running on a treadmill

Is there more than one Chelsea? What's with the plurals?
To be fair you can use one of the teams and then use them to refer to a type of club. What you can't do is start listing all of them. "The Chelsea's of this world are ruining football" is fine. "The Chelsea's, the Arsenal's, the Manchester United's are ruining..." is simply listing every team yet you're referring to a group each time.

It's far better that we all just keep entering the same competitions without actually competing for them, or even having any ambition to compete for them.

It's all more open and democratic that we you see.

And more importantly it's very un-American.

To be fair you can use one of the teams and then use them to refer to a type of club. What you can't do is start listing all of them. "The Chelsea's of this world are ruining football" is fine. "The Chelsea's, the Arsenal's, the Manchester United's are ruining..." is simply listing every team yet you're referring to a group each time.
Ha true just always hated this phrase!

There is like.............theres only one way now to get the revenue streams those clubs have and that's a new owner who has gazillions to throw away..

And FFP prevents that..

Like Rome all empires fall. What happens when Abramovich(?sp) sells out to some group who use the clubs income as leverage to buy, same for City. The club that will end up all conquering is Arsenal.........

Like Rome all empires fall. What happens when Abramovich(?sp) sells out to some group who use the clubs income as leverage to buy, same for City. The club that will end up all conquering is Arsenal.........
Cant see anyone being able to raise than a billion quid based on Chelsea's brand to buy the place...

Folk having to do that obviouly need a return and I cant see where they would get it from..

Man utd as a global brand are out on their own and whilst I dont see this sort of takeover ever happening again theres no way chelsea could float part of the club on a foreign stock market or raise the amount man utd did to tone down the crippling intetest payments by issuing hundreds of millions of pounds of bonds. .

Cant see anyone being able to raise than a billion quid based on Chelsea's brand to buy the place...

Folk having to do that obviouly need a return and I cant see where they would get it from..

Man utd as a global brand are out on their own and whilst I dont see this sort of takeover ever happening again theres no way chelsea could float part of the club on a foreign stock market or raise the amount man utd did to tone down the crippling intetest payments by issuing hundreds of millions of pounds of bonds. .

I actually disagree, with FFP a level will be found that top clubs will start turning very very large profits (actually huge) within a decade even without a breakaway Super League, it's the way of monopolies. However with leveraged deals you get the down side as Man U are seeing.

I recon Ellis has seen the future and that involves a return ;)

Edit: Ellis was a big player behind FFP as you well know!

Last edited:
I actually disagree, with FFP a level will be found that top clubs will start turning very very large profits (actually huge) within a decade even without a breakaway Super League, it's the way of monopolies. However with leveraged deals you get the down side as Man U are seeing.

I recon Ellis has seen the future and that involves a return ;)

Edit: Ellis was a big player behind FFP as you well know!

Pray tell where these huge profits will come from then...............

The tv money has to hit a ceiling soon and the sponsorship deals cant keep rising as they do.

The only way I can see is for the top clubs to take their own TV monies and that's would see the formation of their own league which I think will be doomed to failure as Joe Public will soon get sick of it and the cost of watching it..........

FFP in my mind wont change the game at all its doomed to failure as all the early signs point to it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back