The chronicle is oozing positivity about us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congerton’s focus ought to have been finding a strong centre-forward Defoe could play off, and players who would get to the byline and cross for him. It is pretty basic, pretty old-fashioned, and pretty effective.

Jesus Christ man. Someone gets paid to write this. Has he even watched a PL game in the last 5 years?
If that was the game we could just play Fletcher

My response:

"This is such an accurate, fair, unbiased, considered piece of 'journalism', so typical of the Chronicle. We have such a confused set-up that, if Adam Johnson is fit by the time the derby match comes round, we will struggle to fit all our 5-in-row Mag-Slayers in the team.

PS. It is spelled 'shaky', by the way - wake up, sub-editor. Oh, and 'pacy' too. As for 'at this moment in time' - in English we usually say 'now'. I will proof-read your next piece, if you like - unless the Grauniad snaps you up first!"

Congerton’s focus ought to have been finding a strong centre-forward Defoe could play off, and players who would get to the byline and cross for him. It is pretty basic, pretty old-fashioned, and pretty effective.

Jesus Christ man. Someone gets paid to write this. Has he even watched a PL game in the last 5 years?
Any "journalist" who uses the word "pretty" in this context should be sacked, to use it THREE times in one sentence means to me that he has not got a clue about the English language. Ideal for the Chronicle then!

The next article is about how McLaren is on course with his 18 month plan. Is that 8 months to take them down, then 10 months to get them back up again?
It also mentioned holding on to their star players

All i got from that article is that sunderland have loads of tactical options.
Let him stick to setting up his subbuteo teams.

I'm not going to have a go at the author as I don't read local papers apart from when an article is mentioned on here but he certainly doesn't see anything or have a point.

He has a point if we continue to fire balls up to a central striker but I believe the purchase of Toivonen allows a different out ball, the ball into the channel for the forward to chase. With players like defoe Borini and lens all fast and quick full backs able to back up the play the ball over the top of the defence is perfect for our team and Toivonen means we won't lose out when it's not a clearance (eg goal kicks) as well still have the physical presence to aim for.

He has a point because DA himself says Defoe cant play as the central one of a 3 and if he continues to play wide in a 3 we continue to have poor cover at full back. Seems a reasonable point to me.

I have to keep checking the league table. We have 2pts and I think the Mags have 9pts after hammering Man Utd away and being robbed blind against Arsenal, a game they should have work. Am I right?

If we are in a crisis then so are the Mags. I'd say more so the Mags after they spent £50m and have the same amount of points as us. Most pundits had us to go down and the Mags to finish mid-table, so we are true to form but they aren't. That article is just playing to the masses. It's like the North Korean's making out that everything is perfect here but the West is falling apart.:lol:

Good lord...Strength in depth and versatility have always been over-rated :lol:

That's as bad as the time they won the transfer window, or imagined they replayed and beat us on a computer game. They actually published that.

Christ, forgot about that. Peak Chronicle journalism that one.

I have to keep checking the league table. We have 2pts and I think the Mags have 9pts after hammering Man Utd away and being robbed blind against Arsenal, a game they should have work. Am I right?

If we are in a crisis then so are the Mags. I'd say more so the Mags after they spent £50m and have the same amount of points as us. Most pundits had us to go down and the Mags to finish mid-table, so we are true to form but they aren't. That article is just playing to the masses. It's like the North Korean's making out that everything is perfect here but the West is falling apart.:lol:

The mags have had much much harder games than us

I fear that they're right, in general. The squad looks like bits and pieces and we didn't resolve the defensive issues. Of course, I hope I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back