"The Conservative party would have us believe that the poor deserve to be punished"

• Thread starter Deleted member 27897
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite how the fuck you've came to that conclusion from his speech, removing millions from tax altogether and giving 30 million people a tax cut...I don't know.

Let's be clear here - there is no tax cut until the deficit is eliminated - the Tories' complete inability to even get halfway in nearly 5 years shows up this "pledge" for what it is - meaningless shite.

Because I'm not gullible to fall for pre election vote buying from the Tories.

I get the impression, Mr Cameron could have word for word spoken your words and you'd have still disagreed with him because he is from the Conservative party.

It's a well trodden debate on here but in my view one that needs to keep going; so long as the North East continues like herd to back "anyone but the tories" we will be stagnant. It'd be funny if it wern't so sad that after another anonymous term in government the City council will win with a landslide, and as the first declared in the country, in May.

Let's be clear here - there is no tax cut until the deficit is eliminated - the Tories' complete inability to even get halfway in nearly 5 years shows up this "pledge" for what it is - meaningless shite.
There is still a tax cut in April next year. I appreciate what you're saying though

Things may not be as rosy in Toryland and thought according to opinion polls taken after Cameron's speech:

Conservative Conference: Polls reveal mountain David Cameron has to climb to win 2015 election

At a fringe meeting where he presented the poll results, Lord Ashcroft said: “The prospect of more austerity is the biggest single barrier to voting Conservative next year.”

He added that the party was in the difficult position of trying to present two different messages to voters – that the economic situation is “so bad that the cuts must continue” while “good times are just around the corner”.

“It’s a tough sell,” he said.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...as-to-climb-to-win-2015-election-9761200.html

A survey by ComRes for ITV News found that Labour has a lead of 11 points in the 40 most marginal Labour-Conservative constituencies – compared with a national lead of around four points. Meanwhile, a poll of Tory-Lib Dem marginals for Lord Ashcroft revealed that the two parties are on a level-pegging, with 32 per cent of the vote each.

Lord Ashcroft said on Sunday that this was a “rather concerning result for the Conservatives”, who need to win a large number of Lib Dem seats to balance those the party expects to lose to Labour. This result represents an overall swing of just 2 per cent to the Tories since the election.

Equally damaging to the Tories were the results from polling in Labour-Lib Dem marginal seats, which found an overall swing of 12 per cent from Lib Dems to Labour.

I get the impression, Mr Cameron could have word for word spoken your words and you'd have still disagreed with him because he is from the Conservative party.

It's a well trodden debate on here but in my view one that needs to keep going; so long as the North East continues like herd to back "anyone but the tories" we will be stagnant. It'd be funny if it wern't so sad that after another anonymous term in government the City council will win with a landslide, and as the first declared in the country, in May.

There is still a tax cut in April next year. I appreciate what you're saying though

You're referring to the one that had already been announced. The "new" tax cut is nothing less than a gimmick that cannot be funded and has zero possibility of coming into force, even the Murdoch-owned FT acknowledge this.

You're referring to the one that had already been announced. The "new" tax cut is nothing less than a gimmick that cannot be funded and has zero possibility of coming into force, even the Murdoch-owned FT acknowledge this.

Yes, of course.

I still find the Tory economic proposals alot more credible than the Labour party though.

Things may not be as rosy in Toryland and thought according to opinion polls taken after Cameron's speech:

Conservative Conference: Polls reveal mountain David Cameron has to climb to win 2015 election

At a fringe meeting where he presented the poll results, Lord Ashcroft said: “The prospect of more austerity is the biggest single barrier to voting Conservative next year.”

He added that the party was in the difficult position of trying to present two different messages to voters – that the economic situation is “so bad that the cuts must continue” while “good times are just around the corner”.

“It’s a tough sell,” he said.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...as-to-climb-to-win-2015-election-9761200.html

A survey by ComRes for ITV News found that Labour has a lead of 11 points in the 40 most marginal Labour-Conservative constituencies – compared with a national lead of around four points. Meanwhile, a poll of Tory-Lib Dem marginals for Lord Ashcroft revealed that the two parties are on a level-pegging, with 32 per cent of the vote each.

Lord Ashcroft said on Sunday that this was a “rather concerning result for the Conservatives”, who need to win a large number of Lib Dem seats to balance those the party expects to lose to Labour. This result represents an overall swing of just 2 per cent to the Tories since the election.

Equally damaging to the Tories were the results from polling in Labour-Lib Dem marginal seats, which found an overall swing of 12 per cent from Lib Dems to Labour.

It was Cameron himself that previously admitted the voters wouldn't be stupid enough to swallow promises of tax cuts before the deficit was eradicated. Obviously he doesn't include the blue-rinse / Tim-nice-but-dim brigade in this.

Can people not see the impending disaster of installing another Labour government and their total disregard for financial responsibility ???

Can people not see the impending disaster of installing another Labour government and their total disregard for financial responsibility ???
Let's not forget the economy was growing before the Tories took charge and cut any growth away.

Your best bet is to assume that no politician has the first idea about economics as that is probably the truth. As with anything remotely political, the facts are nowhere near as important as the message.

Yes, of course.

I still find the Tory economic proposals alot more credible than the Labour party though.

You mean the proposals from the last election ? For starters......

Eliminating the deficit over the course of this parliament ? They haven't even halved it.

Bringing down borrowing - they have borrowed more in 4 years than Labour did in 13. National debt is up £600 billion.

Growth down since 2010, losing the AAA credit rating, tax revenue down due to the proliferation of zero hour contracts.

The myth is constantly being peddled that the Tories are somehow the most economically competent. It's a load of f***ing horseshite, particularly in the hands of towel-folder Osborne, who has missed every single target he set himself initially.

Agreed thats why I'm voting for the Greens. Labour will always win here but refuse to vote for them or the tories.

This will be my first general election as I was 17 during the 2010 election.

They get my vote too. So many people mock their policies but have those people actually read then I wonder?

Says more about the utter f***ing shambles of a Conservative party, that they've lost 13% of their vote to UKIP.
In such circumstances I would expect Labour to be more than 2 points ahead. There is still a very real chance that the Tories get in again. No Labour supporter can be happy with Millibands leadership.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-the-poor-deserve-to-be-punished-9768019.html

I don't care who you vote for, but it must be made clear that the tories are not the answer to the problems in Britain today.

What kind of party strives to freeze jobseekers allowance, strip it away altogether from young people (forgetting the enormous employment statistics this age group suffers) and then give away billions in tax cuts to people with wealthy pensions and Middle Class incomes?

They cut, cut, cut and cut, but its achieved nothing and there is still a massive budget deficit over £100 billion. Not even that half of what they started with.

They claimed they would cut net immigration down to 100,000 -- its still at an all time high of 243,000.

You can't trust the tories. Cameron is all style and no substance, all PR. Nothing more.

UKIP and Conservative, two bald men fighting over a comb, the former with his cock out and an orange in his mouth.

They get my vote too. So many people mock their policies but have those people actually read then I wonder?
I would vote Green if there was one standing. I can't vote Tory as it is not my politics but I can't vote Labour (for the 1st time ever) because I think Milliband will be a disaster for the country. I can't vote UKIP because they are as credible as the Monster Raving Loony party for me.

In such circumstances I would expect Labour to be more than 2 points ahead. There is still a very real chance that the Tories get in again. No Labour supporter can be happy with Millibands leadership.

The latest Yougov poll has Labour 7 points ahead and has them with a substantial lead in key marginals. This is despite an almost blanket media bias towards the Tories and a daily character assassination of Milliband.

There is NO f***ing WAY that the Tories will win the next election. I'm happy for you to bookmark this.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-the-poor-deserve-to-be-punished-9768019.html

I don't care who you vote for, but it must be made clear that the tories are not the answer to the problems in Britain today.

What kind of party strives to freeze jobseekers allowance, strip it away altogether from young people (forgetting the enormous employment statistics this age group suffers) and then give away billions in tax cuts to people with wealthy pensions and Middle Class incomes?

They cut, cut, cut and cut, but its achieved nothing and there is still a massive budget deficit over £100 billion. Not even that half of what they started with.

They claimed they would cut net immigration down to 100,000 -- its still at an all time high of 243,000.

You can't trust the tories. Cameron is all style and no substance, all PR. Nothing more.
Under the Tories, we're just moving for all intents and purposes, towards being a model of a third World country:

- An upper tier of obscene wealth.
- A second tier serving the upper tier with comparitively very very modest wealth.
- A bottom tier of extreme poverty.

When the invconveniences posed by a free health service, workers rights and human rights are done away with, we'll be just about there.

I would vote Green if there was one standing. I can't vote Tory as it is not my politics but I can't vote Labour (for the 1st time ever) because I think Milliband will be a disaster for the country. I can't vote UKIP because they are as credible as the Monster Raving Loony party for me.

In what sense would Milliband (as opposed to the Labour Party) be a disaster for the country ? Because he can't eat a bacon sandwich ? Because he "looks weird" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back