The glorious north east beaches

• Thread starter the flying graysons
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

the flying graysons

Does anyone go nowadays. saw a picture on a mates face book who were back visitng shields and they were walking up the Donkey path at Marsden. The path was totally overgrown as if no one walked down it anymore.
This it what I remember of going to the beach as a kid . Now whenever you see photos it is totally and utterly deserted. Why does no one seem to make use of what is a fantastic local free resource ?
Logon or register to see this image

Does anyone go nowadays. saw a picture on a mates face book who were back visitng shields and they were walking up the Donkey path at Marsden. The path was totally overgrown as if no one walked down it anymore.
This it what I remember of going to the beach as a kid . Now whenever you see photos it is totally and utterly deserted. Why does no one seem to make use of what is a fantastic local free resource ?

How old are you?????

The local working men's club trip used to take 20 coaches when I was a kid. Last I heard it takes 2 or 3 these days.

Are you 90 years old !

I always found Marsden beach to be very rocky/stoney, far better beaches close by.

They've built that promenade at shields and spend a fortune cleaning the beach there instead. Better public transport links there etc.

They put big music festivals on there etc.

EasyJet flights and package holidays abroad are also cheap as fuck if you aren't fond of sandies

The local park run uses that path. I'm never away from seaburn/Roker with the family and head up the coast route to North Northumberland regular too. They don't get packed like that anymore but the coastline is still a part of the region to be proud of

The local working men's club trip used to take 20 coaches when I was a kid. Last I heard it takes 2 or 3 these days.
ne fucker hardly bothers with beaches now, well kids anyway, the long sands in tynemouth was always chocka when i was a kid, the open air pool anarl, my mam used to wait at the school for me & we used to go to the beach , kids would rather sit on a xbox now, didn't have owt like that years ago though , even less many years ago so was seen as a treat,i drive past it now & only surfers & dog walkers there

Last edited:
The local park run uses that path. I'm never away from seaburn/Roker with the family and head up the coast route to North Northumberland regular too. They don't get packed like that anymore but the coastline is still a part of the region to be proud of
The path the park run uses isn't at Marsden, it's past Trow rocks to get you to the Sandancer pub.

:eek:
ne fucker hardly bothers with beaches now, well kids anyway, the long sands in tynemouth was always chocka when i was a kid, the open air pool anarl, my mam used to wait at the school for me & we used to go to the beach , kids would rather sit on a xbox now, didn't have owt like that years ago though , even less many years ago so was seen as a treat,i drive past it now & only surfers & dog walkers there

Amazing pictures... I live in Tynemouth, and it still gets busy on a nice day - nowt like that mind:eek:

That's the air show last year

Is that bottom picture just ppl at the beach chilling, or some type of show?

It's a shame when you see pictures like that, we have some beautiful beaches that are extremely under used.

I can remember Seaburn from the late sixties to mid seventies being chocka.
Deck chair attendants, tents and windbreaks all over.
Just finding a spot on the beach was a task in itself.

Last time I was at Seaburn it was just full of people walking dogs, very few people actually chilling out.

At first glance i thought it was a bunch of fat muslim ladies enjoying a day on the beach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back