The glorious north east beaches

• Thread starter the flying graysons
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Last time I was at Seaburn it was just full of people walking dogs, very few people actually chilling out.

Yeah and its so sad but on the plus side you can have a massive beach by yourself ;)

when it's sunny crimdon gets busy, personally those photos just illustrate why is hate the beach on bank holidays, i prefer the rain so I can have it to myself and my dog with an occasional fishing rod.

Yeah and its so sad but on the plus side you can have a massive beach by yourself ;)

It's probably the thing I miss most about living away from the NE, I used to enjoy a nice stroll along the beach / river.

Northumberland beaches also for the fishing, some awesome spots up that way.

During shipyard fortnight we'd be at seaburn every day...It was sunny and warm once anarl
It will fair up this afternoon was my mother's favorite saying as she dragged us to the beach in rain or fog. We used to spend almost every single day on the beach during the school holidays

when it's sunny crimdon gets busy, personally those photos just illustrate why is hate the beach on bank holidays, i prefer the rain so I can have it to myself and my dog with an occasional fishing rod.
Imagine how much good for the economy those numbers of visitors would be

It's probably the thing I miss most about living away from the NE, I used to enjoy a nice stroll along the beach / river.

Northumberland beaches also for the fishing, some awesome spots up that way.

I always said the other mans grass is not greener so never had the desire to move away from the area.
The beaches are great, the riverside is great, and the countryside is great. Easy to get to as well.
We get to the beach a few times a week.
Was up Teesdale two weeks ago and that is proper Gods country.

It will fair up this afternoon was my mother's favorite saying as she dragged us to the beach in rain or fog. We used to spend almost every single day on the beach during the school holidays

Imagine how much good for the economy those numbers of visitors would be
if that number descended on the north east today there wouldn't be anywhere for them to stay, anyway i like it now so the tourists can bugger off.

Does anyone go nowadays. saw a picture on a mates face book who were back visitng shields and they were walking up the Donkey path at Marsden. The path was totally overgrown as if no one walked down it anymore.
This it what I remember of going to the beach as a kid . Now whenever you see photos it is totally and utterly deserted. Why does no one seem to make use of what is a fantastic local free resource ?

During the summer Seaburn, Roker and South Sheilds beaches are always packed, so Ive got no idea what you are talking about.

During the week people are at work and kids are at School.

The thread's about the beaches nowadays not being packed liked they used to be. I'm giving a tongue in cheek yet probably poignant explanation.

There's pictures of people in the olden days on a packed beach and I was giving a tongue in cheek and not particularly poignant response to your iphone comment.

we're down seaburn a couple of times a month with the kids. admittedly a few more resources would be great but they couldnt give a fig as long as there's sand and water.

They've built that promenade at shields and spend a fortune cleaning the beach there instead. Better public transport links there etc.

They put big music festivals on there etc.

EasyJet flights and package holidays abroad are also cheap as fuck if you aren't fond of sandies

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back