The inside story on Advocaats exit (Chris Young haters might not want to read)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without getting into all the details, instead of spending 1-2M on several players that we don't play, did he have the authority to splash more on fewer players? Why spend money on squad players who won't feature, when the AOL can provide that? The only counter argument would be he needs the numbers for a 38-match season, but with that strategy the regime didn't survive even into October.

I have no idea what Congerton did on a day-to-day basis tbh. So can't really comment.

Nowt to argue with there. But nowt any one of us couldn't have written sitting at home either. His remarks about Sunderland's reputation being completely shot are right, as is the assertion that there is no one at the club with any football knowledge at all once Congerton leaves.

Nowt to argue with there. But nowt any one of us couldn't have written sitting at home either. His remarks about Sunderland's reputation being completely shot are right, as is the assertion that there is no one at the club with any football knowledge at all once Congerton leaves.

I'd imagine he articulates it better than most mind

How much has been brought in, including TV money?

About £25m less a season than what we spend. Net debt is over £90m.

How many times do people need to be told?

I'm convinced 90% of this board have the Wonga bailiffs after them.

Congerton wasn't given the money so just bought what was available.

That's his job! Are we really daft enough to think the money would be available to buy every player that we wanted?

He's bang on in every aspect. Especially what he said about Congerton, feeding off scraps. Short is the problem here.
100% this.

Short may have "saved" us but he is taking us into oblivion. We are swiftly becoming another Leeds United.

The owner/Chairman is supposed to be a successful businessman/multi millionaire.

If he ran the rest of his businesses the way he has run our club he would be a fuckin pauper signing on every week !!!!!

So what exactly happened in the dressing room following the Bournmouth game, both he and L Taylor have hinted at this. Who played or didn't play in that game, player power again?

We should hand these f@cking players over to Ramsay Bolton.

The more the summer wore on and dick did not get all the players he wanted, you could tell we would not be ready for the new season.

We are playing catch up yet again and need to beat the mags to get the season going, then 2 wins before Christmas, just to stay in touch....

We would of had a lot better players if we never had a manager on a one year contract its already been stated who the hell would sign for a club blindly not knowing who his next manager is going to be in less than a years time

So what exactly happened in the dressing room following the Bournmouth game, both he and L Taylor have hinted at this. Who played or didn't play in that game, player power again?

We should hand these f@cking players over to Ramsay Bolton.

Sunderland
  • 01 Pantilimon
  • 02 Jones Booked
  • 22 Coates Booked
  • 15 Kaboul Dismissed after an earlier booking
  • 03 van Aanholt
  • 21 M'Vila
  • 14 Jordi Gómez (Rodwell - 45' )
  • 17 Lens
  • 20 Toivonen Booked
  • 09 Borini Booked (Johnson - 72' )
  • 18 Defoe (Fletcher - 68' )
Substitutes
  • 06 Cattermole
  • 07 Larsson
  • 08 Rodwell
  • 11 Johnson
  • 24 Yedlin
  • 25 Mannone
  • 26 Fletcher
Old boys out, new better players in......my guess is the usual suspects hoyed their toys about.

And satisfy Congerton's obsession with him seemingly. Another thing Poyet took the rap for.

I don't see the point of buying players that the manager doesn't want/hasn't heard of/can't work with. Surely the way forward would be for the manager to identify targets and the DoF should go and get them.

We just seem to be buying random players because they are available.

If the club decides to keep the DoF role, it really needs a process whereby whoever gets the job actually works with the manager.

I don't see the point of buying players that the manager doesn't want/hasn't heard of/can't work with. Surely the way forward would be for the manager to identify targets and the DoF should go and get them.

We just seem to be buying random players because they are available.

If the club decides to keep the DoF role, it really needs a process whereby whoever gets the job actually works with the manager.

In the case of Borini it was also an easy way to say we'd spent money without actually spending anything. We just cancelled some of Liverpool's outstanding debt to us. Doing it on the cheap, as usual.

He's a good player but when the manager's first comment about your star signing starts with "they tell me he's...." it's a sure sign things are not working the way they should.

I dont mind chris young. Compared to ryder the lad is almost shakespereeske.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back