The lies about Steven Gerrards 'slip'

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NEVER itk

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ave-any-faith-in-lady-luck-making-amends.html

Why do people keep saying he was unlucky to slip against chelsea. He mis controlled a pass across the back four - in exactly the same way as Catts against Villa. He subsequently slipped when trying to retrieve the situation.

I did not see any member of the press saying catts was unlucky - they said quite correctly ha made and error/mistake.

Surely Liverpools leaking of goals last season and Englands problems at the world cup can in part be directly attributed to the fact that 'Stevie G' (how wanky is it when commentators call him that) will NEVER be a holding midfielder as long as he has a hole in his arse.

Gerrard in his pomp was a fantastic attacking midfielder - but a straight choice between SG and Catts for a holding midfielder to sit in front of the back four next season - Catts all day long

seriously, do you expect anything but abuse? lets hope cattermole manages to not get sent off this coming season

Gerrard in his pomp was a fantastic attacking midfielder - but a straight choice between SG and Catts for a holding midfielder to sit in front of the back four next season - Catts all day long

I see your point and personally dislike Gerrard and couldn't be happier he pulled a cattermole, but in truth 1 mistake in a season vs cattermoles 1+ per game.

I see your point and personally dislike Gerrard and couldn't be happier he pulled a cattermole, but in truth 1 mistake in a season vs cattermoles 1+ per game.

Have a think, what mistakes did Catts make last season?

Just list them for me marra.

He made a couple, same as everyone else, but was a very important player for us and we'd have been dead and buried without him

seriously, do you expect anything but abuse? lets hope cattermole manages to not get sent off this coming season

i think catts in a very decent holding midfielder and SG cannot play the role. i expect violent agreemnet

i blamed SG for both of italys goals and a number of liverpools concessions

Gerrard's slip will haunt him forever. Probably gets some sympathy cos of that. Catts slip ups will only be remembered by us lot, and then only faintly given how well he performed in the last dozen games.

He has one year left on his deal and he is waiting to see if Liverpool offer a new one. He'll be 35 next May, why on earth would they extend it? He's finished, if not practically finished. Fantastic in his pomp, but a shadow of his former self and never a holding midfielder.

never ceases to amaze me this board. cattermole will never be classed in gerrards class. cattermole is a player who if he can learn to show control, can be better still but will never play for england or in a top six team

Catts or Gerrard ? Are we really having this conversation ?
thats what i thought but appears some would like to compare the two. laughable

Gerrard can't defend anywhere near the level that he used to be able to, nor is he fit to lace Catts boots if they are compared like for like in that defensive role, if Catts sorts his aggression and concentration out he'd easily be able to step up another few levels, while he might not be the most technical player or even as technical as Gerrard can be, Catts is still the better holding midfielder and even the better box to box man.

While Catts could easily step up or down a level Gerrard could never step down to a club like us and still play as well as he did last season even.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back