The lies about Steven Gerrards 'slip'

Status
Not open for further replies.

I see your point and personally dislike Gerrard and couldn't be happier he pulled a cattermole, but in truth 1 mistake in a season vs cattermoles 1+ per game.

Utter bollocks:oops:....are you suggesting Catts makes the type of mistake, that allows the opposition a free run on goal/goal, every game:rolleyes:

Catts form toward the a major part of us staying up. And if he stays fit, he'll be a major part of this season too:cool:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ave-any-faith-in-lady-luck-making-amends.html

Why do people keep saying he was unlucky to slip against chelsea. He mis controlled a pass across the back four - in exactly the same way as Catts against Villa. He subsequently slipped when trying to retrieve the situation.

I did not see any member of the press saying catts was unlucky - they said quite correctly ha made and error/mistake.

Surely Liverpools leaking of goals last season and Englands problems at the world cup can in part be directly attributed to the fact that 'Stevie G' (how wanky is it when commentators call him that) will NEVER be a holding midfielder as long as he has a hole in his arse.

Gerrard in his pomp was a fantastic attacking midfielder - but a straight choice between SG and Catts for a holding midfielder to sit in front of the back four next season - Catts all day long

I read an article in the paper yesterday and I was gonna start the exact same thread, Cattermole or most other footballers would be made scapegoats

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ave-any-faith-in-lady-luck-making-amends.html

Why do people keep saying he was unlucky to slip against chelsea. He mis controlled a pass across the back four - in exactly the same way as Catts against Villa. He subsequently slipped when trying to retrieve the situation.

I did not see any member of the press saying catts was unlucky - they said quite correctly ha made and error/mistake.

Surely Liverpools leaking of goals last season and Englands problems at the world cup can in part be directly attributed to the fact that 'Stevie G' (how wanky is it when commentators call him that) will NEVER be a holding midfielder as long as he has a hole in his arse.

Gerrard in his pomp was a fantastic attacking midfielder - but a straight choice between SG and Catts for a holding midfielder to sit in front of the back four next season - Catts all day long
been saying for over two years now, his legs have gone and he is not the player he once was..Your absolutely right that he didn't get slagged off the way Catts did for those glaring errors toward the end of last season... the reason being Catts is not the love child of the media the way Gerrard has been portrayed for nearly all of his career...and those defence splitting Diagonal ball he play( Steve G, admit it you do play the long ball game, kick and hope) well yer knar:oops:

Gerrard's performance in the 2nd half that day was one of the most selfish you'll ever see, constantly shooting from stupid distances in an attempt to make up for the slip.

But Cattermole isnt a 'holding' midfielder any more than Gerrard. If you take the energy out of Cattermole's game by playing him there, and rely on his control and short passing, you're playing to his weaknesses, not his strengths.

Have a think, what mistakes did Catts make last season?

Just list them for me marra.

He made a couple, same as everyone else, but was a very important player for us and we'd have been dead and buried without him

He's ridiculously biased against Cattermole, most of his posts has some sort of pop at him.

Gerrard's performance in the 2nd half that day was one of the most selfish you'll ever see, constantly shooting from stupid distances in an attempt to make up for the slip.
He's Stevie G, of The dippers and Engurlund.................... Xavi Alonso he ins't

More claptrap disguised as an intelligent load of rubbish. Let's get a ball on the park to see how good you are. Cats is King, long live the King.

He's ridiculously biased against Cattermole, most of his posts has some sort of pop at him.

Is he?

It's an absolute bizarre choice of person to have a grudge against given his effort on the pitch.

He has made the odd mistake but it's usually cos he never hides and always wants to be involved.

If we had another 10 players with his heart alone we'd be a top 10 side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back