The no money spent brigade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not sure on the quality of the source/information on the link below (looking at a few different websites, they all have different figures) - but this suggests that we have spent a relatively healthy amount (transfer fees only) and when taking into account our net spend we should be performing better i.e. higher up the table...we can all probably agree that whether we have spent enough money or not we clearly have not spent it very wisely- which is probably more important.

Is that Ellis Short's fault...or the people he has employed...or his fault for employing them?

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/pre...tables/premier-league-table-last-five-seasons

Not sure on the quality of the source/information on the link below (looking at a few different websites, they all have different figures) - but this suggests that we have spent a relatively healthy amount (transfer fees only) and when taking into account our net spend we should be performing better i.e. higher up the table...we can all probably agree that whether we have spent enough money or not we clearly have not spent it very wisely- which is probably more important.

Is that Ellis Short's fault...or the people he has employed...or his fault for employing them?

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/pre...tables/premier-league-table-last-five-seasons
He's admitted himself that money has been wasted. Ultimately it's his fault as he employed those who wasted it. I'm still puzzled (as are many others) why such a successful businessman allows the club to be ran so badly.

Sold...
Bent 24m
Gyan 13-15m
Hendo 18m
Mig 11m

£63m in ?
Bent wasn't sold for 24m, it was an initial 18m and I doubt the fee ever exceeded 20m.
We made a slight loss on Gyan overall.
Mignolet was 9m.

We've also signed, since the last of those sales: Altidore 7m, Giaccherini 6.5, Fletcher 12m, Graham 5m, N'Diaye 4m, Johnson 10m, Borini 10m, Gardner 6m, Sessegnon 6m, Lens 8m, Rodwell 10m, Wickham 10m, Ji 2m, Coates 2m, Kaboul 3m, Buckley 3m, Bridcutt 2.5m, Scocco 3m, Mavrias 2.5m, Karlsson 1.5m, Mannone 2m, Matthews 2m, Vergini 2m, PVA 1.5m...

That is a lot of money. That's knocking on for £135m there. How much have we got back for that investment?

Sold Wickham at a 1m loss
- Altidore went for nothing, but got a useful 33 year old in his place - still several £m pound loss.
- Ji went for nothing, having rejected a 5m bid prior :)-() - 2m loss.
- Graham will leave for nothing in 6 months - 5m loss.
- Giaccherini is on loan, and we'll be lucky to get half of his fee back.
- N'Diaye went for a 2.5m loss.
- Buckley & Bridcutt we can't give away, and will be lucky to get 1m for each.
- Scocco went for the same fee pretty much.
- Gardner went for nothing - 6m loss.
- Karlsson went for a 1m loss.
- Money back on Sessegnon.
- Mavrias will leave on a free - 2.5m loss.
- Johnson will leave at a massive loss (possibly on a free)
- Fletcher will leave at massive loss (again, possibly free)
- Rodwell is 10m pound sub.
- Lens is an 8m pound sub.
- Borini - early days.
- Matthews - early days (he's cost 100k per minute so far)
- Vergini - signed him for 2m, loaned him out 18 minutes later.

Very disturbing. I can't think of a player in recent seasons that we've made a profit on.

Bent wasn't sold for 24m, it was an initial 18m and I doubt the fee ever exceeded 20m.
We made a slight loss on Gyan overall.
Mignolet was 9m.

We've also signed, since the last of those sales: Altidore 7m, Giaccherini 6.5, Fletcher 12m, Graham 5m, N'Diaye 4m, Johnson 10m, Borini 10m, Gardner 6m, Sessegnon 6m, Lens 8m, Rodwell 10m, Wickham 10m, Ji 2m, Coates 2m, Kaboul 3m, Buckley 3m, Bridcutt 2.5m, Scocco 3m, Mavrias 2.5m, Karlsson 1.5m, Mannone 2m, Matthews 2m, Vergini 2m, PVA 1.5m...

That is a lot of money. That's knocking on for £135m there. How much have we got back for that investment?

Sold Wickham at a 1m loss
- Altidore went for nothing, but got a useful 33 year old in his place - still several £m pound loss.
- Ji went for nothing, having rejected a 5m bid prior :)-() - 2m loss.
- Graham will leave for nothing in 6 months - 5m loss.
- Giaccherini is on loan, and we'll be lucky to get half of his fee back.
- N'Diaye went for a 2.5m loss.
- Buckley & Bridcutt we can't give away, and will be lucky to get 1m for each.
- Scocco went for the same fee pretty much.
- Gardner went for nothing - 6m loss.
- Karlsson went for a 1m loss.
- Money back on Sessegnon.
- Mavrias will leave on a free - 2.5m loss.
- Johnson will leave at a massive loss (possibly on a free)
- Fletcher will leave at massive loss (again, possibly free)
- Rodwell is 10m pound sub.
- Lens is an 8m pound sub.
- Borini - early days.
- Matthews - early days (he's cost 100k per minute so far)
- Vergini - signed him for 2m, loaned him out 18 minutes later.

Very disturbing. I can't think of a player in recent seasons that we've made a profit on.

Surely you have not forgotten Henderson?????? All profit. Not re-invested but ALL profit.

Budget Billionaire strikes again. Tight bastard, fancy blowing millions of your own money like this? What an absolute cunt.

apart from the fact the debts and wage bill prove otherwise:

Fletcher 12m
Johnson 11m
Borrini 11m
Rodwell 10m
De Foe 8m swap
Catermole 6m
Graham 5m
Agreeing to pay 7m for Alverez (right player??) if we stayed up
The wages to take brown and o'shea
The wages to take keepers from Arsenal and man city.

The figures are those I've read so could/will be wrong.

Add on all the other 2-4m signings and the wages on biggish name frees and the chain nothing has been spent makes you look stupid. Claim masses has been wasted and I'm sure 99% will agree but some less intelligent people still claim Ellis is on the take and has spent nothing.

(It's a slow news day and I'm waiting to go out)

In total he's spent around £350 million at the club, factoring in player purchases and the current accumulated losses of around £140 million.

Then there are the external debts which have to be serviced, like the loans and overdrafts and so on.

On top of this we have the 8th (or 9th) highest wage bill in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back