The Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

Think I post this on every thread about the office but it's a superb quote

'People see me, and they see the suit, and they go: "you're not fooling anyone", they know I'm rock and roll through and through. But you know that old thing, live fast, die young? Not my way. Live fast, sure, live too bloody fast sometimes, but die young? Die old. That's the way- not orthodox, I don't live by "the rules" you know. And if there's one other person who's influenced me in that way I think, someone who is a maverick, someone who does that to the system, then, it's Ian Botham. Because Beefy will happily say "that's what I think of your selection policy, yes I've hit the odd copper, yes I've enjoyed the old dooby, but will you piss off and leave me alone, I'm walking to John O'Groats for some spastics'

Think I post this on every thread about the office but it's a superb quote

'People see me, and they see the suit, and they go: "you're not fooling anyone", they know I'm rock and roll through and through. But you know that old thing, live fast, die young? Not my way. Live fast, sure, live too bloody fast sometimes, but die young? Die old. That's the way- not orthodox, I don't live by "the rules" you know. And if there's one other person who's influenced me in that way I think, someone who is a maverick, someone who does that to the system, then, it's Ian Botham. Because Beefy will happily say "that's what I think of your selection policy, yes I've hit the odd copper, yes I've enjoyed the old dooby, but will you piss off and leave me alone, I'm walking to John O'Groats for some spastics'

'We're both good in our own fields. I'm sure Texas couldn't run and manage a successful paper merchants. I couldn't do what well, I could do what they do, and I think they knew that, even back then.'

Brilliant show, parts of it are absolute genius. All the better for ending when it did rather than dragging it on for 8 seasons like some do.

The perfect sitcom.

Brilliant show, parts of it are absolute genius. All the better for ending when it did rather than dragging it on for 8 seasons like some do.

The training course episode where Brent gets the guitar out is sublime. The bit where he plays a final note after the trainer has called lunch is brilliant, to the last detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back