"The Passion of the Fans at Sunderland.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think it's an amazing statment from a man who has coached all over the world. This same journalist is saying the he met with Advocaat yesterday who told him he found it very hard to tell the people at Sunderland that he wasn't coming back and recounted a tale from the Leicester game when a woman behind the dugouts kept shouting him to come over. She had a letter and a present for him and was crying, pleading him to stay. He said he'd never seen anything like it in his life....

I think it's an amazing statment from a man who has coached all over the world. This same journalist is saying the he met with Advocaat yesterday who told him he found it very hard to tell the people at Sunderland that he wasn't coming back and recounted a tale from the Leicester game when a woman behind the dugouts kept shouting him to come over. She had a letter and a present for him and was crying, pleading him to stay. He said he'd never seen anything like it in his life....

That'll be Janey

The journlist is Marcel van der Kraan. He spoke to Dick yesterday and said that when Dick was speaking about us the tears came back again.

Dick told him that just before the start of the Leicester game a woman close by kept calling for Dick to come over. He eventually went over and she begged him "Dick please don't go" repeatedly. It this and other stuff which has moved Dick so much.

Who could this woman be ?

Sorry for the Seb TopCat, just seen your post

That'll be Janey
:) :)

The journlist is Marcel van der Kraan. He spoke to Dick yesterday and said that when Dick was speaking about us the tears came back again.

Dick told him that just before the start of the Leicester game a woman close by kept calling for Dick to come over. He eventually went over and she begged him "Dick please don't go" repeatedly. It this and other stuff which has moved Dick so much.

I am guessing it was the same journalist as spoke about him last week on Talksport. I started a thread but because it had Dick on Talksport as the title I think it must have been moderated.
The gist of the interview last week was that when Dick came he had only absolutely intended to stay for the nine games, but his experience had given him a big decision to make, a decision he never though he would need to make when he first agreed to come.

This journalist had known Dick for 30 years, he's been over and stayed with Dick while he was here, he'd looked around the Stadium and the Academy and said Dick was so impressed with it all. He said the fans were unbelieveable and the players all worked really hard.

It was the day after the Arsenal game when the interview was on and the journalist said that in 30 years of knowing Dick he had never seen him cry.

Last edited:
:) :)

I am guessing it was the same journalist as spoke about him last week on Talksport. I started a thread but because it had Dick on Talksport as the title I think it must have been moderated.
The gist of the interview last week was that when Dick came he had only absolutely intended to stay for the nine games, but his experience had given him a big decision to make, a decision he never though he would need to make when he first agreed to come.

This journalist had known Dick for 30 years, he's been over and stayed with Dick while he was here, he'd looked around the Stadium and the Academy and said Dick was so impressed with it all. He said the fans were unbelieveable and the players all worked really hard.

It was the day after the Arsenal game when the interview was on and the journalist said that in 30 years of knowing Dick he had never seen him cry.
So Janey, were you that woman ?.

Could easily be my mother. She certainly sits within ear shot of the home dug-out.
As a family, we have been aware that she is certifiably insane for many years; she still believes Bobby Kerr plays in midfield for us and is often heard screaming 'pick it up' to our goalie at a back pass. As for the 'new' offside rule......

But according to some on here all that people behind the dugouts do is attack the manager?

Is it only me that thinks this woman is in need of some type of psychological help :eek:

That'll be our lass, she's been after big Dick for years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back