The perils of taking "Selfies"

Status
Not open for further replies.

raindog

Winger
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/death-selfie-texas-teenager-deleon-122653103.html#qFxOTkQ

Logon or register to see this image

Texas teenager Deleon Alonso Smith has accidentally shot and killed himself while posing for selfies with a gun he found earlier in the day.

The 19 year old was taking photos of himself and his cousin when he inadvertently pulled the trigger and fired into his own neck. He died of a single gunshot, while his cousin was unharmed. His grandmother Alma Douglas said: "It's a numb feeling. It's still unbelievable. Yesterday was my birthday and he came to wish me happy birthday, and now this kind of news," reported The Sun.

Smith's death is the latest in a series of accidental injuries and deaths caused when people have been taking selfies. In July, a San Diego man hospitalised for five days after he attempted to take a selfie with a rattlesnake. Todd Fassler was hit with a medical bill of $156,000 (£100,000) following the incident.

In the same month a 21-year-old Russian university graduate fell to her death from a bridge while she was trying to take a selfie next to the Moscow International Business Centre. She had been taking a photo of herself and friends when she plunged into the nearby quayside. One month earlier another woman from Moscow almost died when she fired a pistol that pressed against her temple while posing for a selfie.

Let this be a lesson to all you selfie lovers :neutral:

Doing some calls putting promo tags on bottles. As well as the usual pics of what I've done, they want an optional shelfie, which is a selfie of me next to the said bottles. I'm glad it's optional as I'm opting out!

No. A front runner for this year's Darwin Award.
IIRC, I think he had 2 kids too. 19, 2 kids and manages to shoot yourself in the neck taking a photo... And yet the gun laws still don't change!

Not if he's reproduced he's not.

Sadly those stupidity genes have already been propagated.

Hopefully they'll have learned a valuable lesson about safety as they'll be lacking a parent.
Nurture, not nature. Or so we can hope.

Poor kids.

At least in the future they can truthfully tell a life insurance company that their father died of natural causes

Says in that text that a San Diego man was hospitalised for 5 days after trying to take a selfie with a Rattlesnake.:lol:.Do i need to state the obvious.This is only advisable if you have very long arms.

Says in that text that a San Diego man was hospitalised for 5 days after trying to take a selfie with a Rattlesnake.:lol:.Do i need to state the obvious.This is only advisable if you have very long arms.
I don't think the length of his arms would make much difference when he's got his head next to the snake mate.

Doing some calls putting promo tags on bottles. As well as the usual pics of what I've done, they want an optional shelfie, which is a selfie of me next to the said bottles. I'm glad it's optional as I'm opting out!
You bottled it.
#megalolz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back