The Popularity Of Shopping At Aldi And Lidl

Status
Not open for further replies.
We used to get booze at Aldi in Manchester around 1992, must have been one of the earliest stores?
What gets me is the blatant copying of brand products. Norpak and Danpak, both in a silver tub, for example. Why don't Lurpak sue them?

We used to get booze at Aldi in Manchester around 1992, must have been one of the earliest stores?
What gets me is the blatant copying of brand products. Norpak and Danpak, both in a silver tub, for example. Why don't Lurpak sue them?

Because its not the same name or same silver colour tub

It's probably made in the same factory.

We both retired start of 2014 and I started keeping a record of what we spent on food shopping . We started shopping at Lidl a year ago and I've worked out that we've saved over 2k on the shopping compared to using Sainsburys as we did before.
It's not just the savings though , the stuff is lovely and in a lot of cases even nicer than the branded ! The shopping takes half the time going round the little store too so that keeps the old misery guts happy .

We both retired start of 2014 and I started keeping a record of what we spent on food shopping . We started shopping at Lidl a year ago and I've worked out that we've saved over 2k on the shopping compared to using Sainsburys as we did before.
It's not just the savings though , the stuff is lovely and in a lot of cases even nicer than the branded ! The shopping takes half the time going round the little store too so that keeps the old misery guts happy .
The staff are fast as fuck as well, you could knit the back of a jumper waiting in a small queue in morrisons.

A generational thing. My Mam and Dad were bairns during the war and have no concept of a 'name' being attached to buying food or most other things. I wonder whether people of their generation should be role models for the future.

We went to Lidl in Cala Millor when we were on holiday a fews years back.
Unbelievably as cheap as fuck...5 cans of German lager for 1 euro...6 of those 660ml bottles for 4 Euros..

Some of aldi specials arent bad either. My Aldi cheapy bike shoes and paddy shorts have lasted ages and i have a couple of their bags for fishing that have had the shit kicked out of them up and down the banks and are still going strong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back