the sopranos ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

It was good stuff. But the second half of the last season was poor and the less said about the finale, the better.

The ending is class and there's nothing cliff hanger about it, he dies. It had me thinking about it for days the first time I saw it. The point is that the lifestyle they lead you'll be dead before you've even realised it's happened. Bobby says something about it a while earlier in the series. Best TV show ever.

I watched the series as a hard drive copy (shhhhh). I genuinely thought the last episode had been clipped short and shouted "Cookie you bastard!" But then realised how clever it was.

Superb series. Love the occasional nod to my favourite film "Goodfellas" like when Christopher shoots the lad in the bakers in the foot and says "it happens".

obviously dont read this if youre watching or you dont want to know

i just finished the show, and i thought the ending was pretty shit....now im not saying it should have been a scarface type ending where he kills f***ing shit load of people and then dies....but something with a little bit more substance....bit of a cop out just turning to a blank screen of them sitting in a restaurant....what the fuck was with meadow struggling to park....

disappointed to say the least....i understand leaving a cliff hanger for a lifetime of debate.....but it didnt really finish anything other than phil getting it

actually im gutted about the ending now i think about it

always thought it would go down in history personally, and the fact that many still talk about it today shows it has.

I'm not going to bother reading this thread as it's been done on here before.

I started a seb thread on this and my main gripe wasn't the final scene, rather the whole episode. For such a fantastic series that episode was very weak.

I still like to think that the round is fucked and Tony survives.

Last edited:
Hated the ending at first, probably because I watched them all within the space of 2 weeks and didn't want it to end. Love the ending now. As well as him getting whacked, I took it as a massive nod to goodfellas and the scene on Henry's driveway when he gets arrested.

"...For a second thought I was dead, but when I heard all the noise, I knew they were cops, only cops talk that way. If they had been wiseguys, I wouldn't have heard a thing. I would have been dead."

I actually thought that it was supposed to be after all theyd gone through he was still there and had held his family together type ending

i just finished the show, and i thought the ending was pretty shit....now im not saying it should have been a scarface type ending where he kills f***ing shit load of people and then dies....but something with a little bit more substance....bit of a cop out just turning to a blank screen of them sitting in a restaurant....what the fuck was with meadow struggling to park....

disappointed to say the least....i understand leaving a cliff hanger for a lifetime of debate.....but it didnt really finish anything other than phil getting it

Tremendous avatar

I thought it had a canny ending like. Bloke in bathroom shot Tony in the back of the face. Whole thing was shot from Tony's POV and cutting to black was him dying. If it was meant to be left open that went tits up when James Gandolfini died.

Now Dexter was a terrible ending.

I just think him dying through getting shot off that bloke who the camera kept showing sat at the counter would be too obvious, so Chase delibrately left it a 'did he/didn't he?'

Meadow's parking - how many attempts before she successfully parked?
And then think how many times they'd tried to kill him beforehand.

As for the cut to black, do you remember them talking about this up in the lake/woods earlier in the series? "What would dying be like : I guess everything just goes black"

There are full on in-depth discussions on this though. The writer claimed every answer you need is in the scene. But then he seemed to go back on it by suggesting he might not be dead after all.
Either way, its not coming back now.

A prequel, however, would be f***ing awesome.

Meadow's parking - how many attempts before she successfully parked?
And then think how many times they'd tried to kill him beforehand.

As for the cut to black, do you remember them talking about this up in the lake/woods earlier in the series? "What would dying be like : I guess everything just goes black"

There are full on in-depth discussions on this though. The writer claimed every answer you need is in the scene. But then he seemed to go back on it by suggesting he might not be dead after all.
Either way, its not coming back now.

A prequel, however, would be f***ing awesome.

yeah i done a bit of reading on it....(sad bastard with too much time on my hands)......prequel.....like his dads era?? because you cant have a replacement for gandolfini

yeah i done a bit of reading on it....(sad bastard with too much time on my hands)......prequel.....like his dads era?? because you cant have a replacement for gandolfini

Yeh, the previous generation. Would be amazing imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back