the sopranos ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

I just thought it was showing that he will have to watch his back, for the rest of his life. I agree it was pretty poor imo, but must be hard to finish such an iconic show like that.

Poor Tony? He was a bully, a murderer, a bad parent and an atrocious husband. Loved the series but had no sympathy for his character.
That was him though. He was a c,unt, but a likeable c,unt.

I don't think he was shot mind. Honestly, that never even crossed my mind that he would of been.

Last edited:
The ending is class and there's nothing cliff hanger about it, he dies. It had me thinking about it for days the first time I saw it. The point is that the lifestyle they lead you'll be dead before you've even realised it's happened. Bobby says something about it a while earlier in the series. Best TV show ever.
I reckon that nails it - when you die suddenly - like Tony getting shot - it just ends in immediate silent blackness.

This shit again, again? If you don't get the ending, you don't get the show. Stick to Prison Break and Breaking Bad.

Meadow parking the car is supposed to depict the number of previous times an attempt was made on Tony's life, she finally succeeds. Tony had spoken in an earlier episode that when you die it must feel like everything just goes black.
Nonsense. He neither lives nor dies. We don't know. What we do know is that this is his life - always looking over his shoulder, never being able to relax, even when enjoying a family meal. Just out of interest - who would order a hit on him anyway?

I watched it as a gangster soap. Quality script and all that but ha'way.
You must've missed all the subtext, metaphor and symbolism in pretty much every scene.

Last edited:
Magnificent show which changed the culture and nature of television as we we now know it.

Those arse bandits on Channel 4 used to schedule it for some ridiculous timings.

The final scene genuinely made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck.

I think it's a tremendous ending. I mean, there doesn't need to be some singular, definite endpoint with something that epic. He can either live or die and it wouldn't change a thing either way.

This shit again, again? If you don't get the ending, you don't get the show. Stick to Prison Break and Breaking Bad.

Nonsense. He neither lives nor dies. We don't know. What we do know is that this is his life - always looking over his shoulder, never being able to relax, even when enjoying a family meal. Just out of interest - who would order a hit on him anyway?

You must've missed all the subtext, metaphor and symbolism in pretty much every scene.

True, both families had already agreed a truce anyway because Phil had gone too far in the words of Butch and was getting on all their tits with his power trip.

I reckon that nails it - when you die suddenly - like Tony getting shot - it just ends in immediate silent blackness.

I read something by one of the writes or producers, that's what the ending is. The whole show was from his point of view, he's dead therefore blackness.

I'm sure any pseud worth his salt could spot precisely the same in an episode of Eastenders.
Jesus wept.

I read something by one of the writes or producers, that's what the ending is. The whole show was from his point of view, he's dead therefore blackness.
The whole show was from his point of view? Did you watch an edited version where they chopped out Christopher, Carmela, Meadow, AJ and Junior?

Started watching the whole lot again now haven't I. That's my weekend written off.

Jesus wept.

The whole show was from his point of view? Did you watch an edited version where they chopped out Christopher, Carmela, Meadow, AJ and Junior?
Don't forget Adriana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back