The support this club gets.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laughing at your own jokes again Joe?
Get someone else to laugh man, much more satisfying.

Congratulations on going to watch a game of football.
I'm going over on Saturday. Already feeling a sense of achievement!

I'd have a field day on a mag message board as their sense of entitlement is even more severe than ours!
Wait until you put a couple of seasons worth of consecutive aways man. You'll be wetting yourself.

Exactly, we don't have much to shout about but our support is one thing we can be proud of. Nobody has said we are better than others, yet he jumps all over it like the rash that he is with his patronising comments.
Apparently we have said we're better than everyone else. When asked to point out where, he goes quiet. He's nothing if not consistent

It must be proud moment for him explaining to his kids that he drives a van for a living and picking up minimum wage.
Shit craic that like, having a go at someone for what he earns makes you a bigger c.unt than he may have made himself out to be

The fact he tells the truth is what some of yous seem to struggle with

Back to the original post.
Your support is great, sure you have a decent catchment however you have always travelled well.
The NE is renowned to be a football hot bed and that also applies to your nearest and dearest.
You can argue size of club, attendances all quantifiable but "better" fans is subjective.
I feel for those who want to go but simply can't afford it. Less impressed by those who can't be bothered however surely everyone has a choice.
I would love our ground to be full every week. Even getting 14,000 would be fantastic, why ? Because the noise would be incredible it always is when our crowd exceeds 10,000.
Always a better atmosphere away from home as the supporters are made up of a hardcore who generally sing more.
One thing relevant to Swindon though and I find it different from many other clubs is that our away fans generally spread out and don't sit together. A bunch of strangers almost :)

To take more than 2,000 midweek to a cup replay to the other side of the a Country

I would say Swindon fans are apathetic.
The Town lacks an identity in my opinion. Over half of our fanbase live outside of Swindon.
As a % of our home fans travelling away this is very high.
It doesn't matter mate. You go home and away and rarely miss. I think that is more the point. I wonder if STFC have fans who decry and belittle their own?

We self-congratulate ourselves as the club give us absolutely minimal return. There is a kind of perverse pleasure following a team who are crap. I'm a glory hunter in reverse. Opposing fans sing to me "where were you when you were good". I actually have a crush on our travelling support.

Apparently we have said we're better than everyone else. When asked to point out where, he goes quiet. He's nothing if not consistent
Absolutely. I just don't get his motivation, well I do. It's more I don't understand why anyone would do anything or say anything just to get attention. He's a knobjockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back