The TRUTH about Muslims, Islam & YOU

• Thread starter Deleted member 28618
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

A lot of experience and I like a great many of them - their religion is not for me but when you look at the crime/drugs/booze/infidelity problems in western society, it could be argued that Islam has some merits.
Lots I came across at Uni drank, smoked and fucked. Non Muslim girls were sluts but woebetide you if you went near a Muslim lass. Major double standards

There is a lot of debate here in the SMB and other forums as well as all other media channels and the workplace & pub.

It seems that almost everybody you speak to or communicate with has an opinion on Muslims & Islam etc.

The question is... Do you have any personal interactions with Muslims and their religion in your everyday life
and what are your experiences if any?

Go.............
The pope is catholic and a really nice person. Does this mean the ku klux Klan were good too? & or the IRA?

I've had a few work for me, mainly women. The last one was the only one to wear a headscarf at work and she was British born. The rest were Pakistani.

Other than the fact she wore a scarf, I never gave it much thought. Massive Liverpool fan, so we always talked footy on a Monday, and she swore like a trooper. Good lass. I must drop her a text and see if she's for a job after she got made redundant a year back.

No - If religion is not your cuppa
Even if it was why do I need to 'understand' Islam ? Muslims have done very little to integrate into the society in which they have chosen to live in terms of mixing, embracing our culture and in many cases speaking the language. Why is the emphasis always on us to understand their point of view ?

I know a few via cricket , working in asylum support, colleagues in the NHS, people I meet holidaying in Turkey , my nephew married into an ex pat Palestinian family.
On reflection I can say that almost every one I have come to know is more polite, considerate and respectful than the average brit. That is my genuine experience.
Of course as soon as they are out of eye shot they are all in rape gangs , stuffing semtex in their shoes and making Islamic Ray guns for fun, but you sure as shit wouldn't know it to talk to them , sneaky bastards.

play cricket with one, a few off here will know him... coolest cricketer I've ever witnessed, smokes a big cigar before he goes in to bat,, think he has the odd shandy now and again.. the fact he is Muslim only came up when he said he was away back to Dubai for Ramadan.......and he is a really nice bloke.

Good on her, without taking holidays?

I'm guessing he made it up, but won't want to lose face now:lol:

Even if it was why do I need to 'understand' Islam ? Muslims have done very little to integrate into the society in which they have chosen to live in terms of mixing, embracing our culture and in many cases speaking the language. Why is the emphasis always on us to understand their point of view ?
you know muslim isn't a country or language dont you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back